PDA

View Full Version : qt setup

fl_izzy
08/30/2007, 11:12 AM
hi,
i have a few fish left from ich that will be trying to save. i am using a 5 gallon bucket with one of those in tank filter that have the media and the black sponge. setup salinity at 1.020 and will use a heater just in case. adjusted ph and am about to go to the lfs to get some sort of ich treatment. what else do i have to do?. if i leave the display tank fishless but with all my corals, zoas, crabs etcc will they be ok? it should not come back if i leave the tank fishless for a few weeks right? thanks for any help nelson

wooden_reefer
08/30/2007, 12:45 PM
The key is to be able to support the fish during the weeks of active treatment against ich. Remember, you cannot just leave the fish idle and do nothing else, as you do with the fallow show tank.

What cycled and mature medium do you have to process ammonia from the fish?

Is there invertebrate growth on the medium, namely live rock if this is the medium? Treatment against ich would kill invertebrates and may generate too much amminia.

You need a nitrification medium that has little invertebrates on it.

fl_izzy
08/30/2007, 01:06 PM
i already setup my mini hospital complete with extra airstone, filter but without the elements during treatment. either way i am upgrading sunday to a 90 gallon and will get a couple of chromis that dont want to get help.