PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a good 70w HQI fixture for a very small frag tank!

spankey
08/30/2007, 05:42 PM
I am in the process of planning a very small frag tank under my 75 gallon stand. I was going to do a custom made shallow tank but think either a nice small 5.5 gallon tank or a standard 10 gallon. I am only going to use it for some small sps frags to encrust and start to grow out. I will NOT be keeping large pieces in there. I am going to have the main tank overflow into the small frag tank and then the frag tank will overflow into my sump and return.

I was going to do a T5 fixture but can't find one that would fit a small tank such as a 5.5, I am also concerned about burning them as well with the T5's

I currently run HQI's over the main tank and think it would be best to keep it that way for the frag tank.

Can anyone suggest a good 70 watt setup and a nice bulb. Right now I run the Phoenix's over the main but know they don't make a 70w. Anything close to color wise in that range?

I would love to be able to buy a clip on but know it might not be safe incase it would fall into the tank!

Thanks
Spankey