PDA

View Full Version : New Coupon Code

bookpile
09/01/2007, 08:45 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know a new coupon code for Foster and Smith, I was all set to place a big order from them and it says the Dodge coupon code for 15% off is expired.

Thanks

lemec
09/02/2007, 09:51 PM
It accepted mine on the 31st but I forgot to finalize the order and now I'm in the sam boat, lol....anyone know of a/the new code?

ejocam
09/03/2007, 04:20 PM
Me too :(

HBtank
09/03/2007, 04:22 PM
Same here, I just went to make a big purchase that I have been saving up for months to get, and its a no-go.

Guess I will just wait and save more or look for other deals...... :(

dfs/la2
09/03/2007, 04:50 PM
Bookpile, Lemec, Ejocam & HBtank,

Thank you for your postings regarding these offer codes. We are currently looking into why these codes are not working, and will post here once we have further information.

Nate M.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

ejocam
09/03/2007, 05:28 PM
Thanks

blevinson
09/03/2007, 05:45 PM
I just place an order hoping to use the code. Will there be a way to apply the code once you figure out why it is not working?

HBtank
09/03/2007, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the help.

dfs/la2
09/03/2007, 06:41 PM
Blevinson,

Once we have further information, we would be happy to assist you with this matter. This may require a credit back to the credit card, as your order will likely have been processed by that time. If you would like to call, email, or PM your order information to us, we would be happy to assist you personally.

Nate M.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

blevinson
09/03/2007, 06:47 PM
Thank you. I PM'ed my order information. I thank you in advance for your great customer service.

blevinson
09/04/2007, 07:25 AM
Thank you for the information that you are issuing my credit.

bookpile
09/04/2007, 07:37 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10694265#post10694265 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dfs/la2

Thank you for your postings regarding these offer codes. We are currently looking into why these codes are not working, and will post here once we have further information.

Nate M.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

Thanks for looking into it. I plan on ordering as soon as you let us know what's going on.

dfs/la2
09/04/2007, 08:45 AM

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns regarding the Dodge Discount. This deal has expired on August 31st. Here is a link to the page on Dodge’s website http://dodgedeals.com/pages/offers/2/index.shtml. We have been informed this offer will be removed shortly when they refresh their website. We apologize for any inconvenience.

If we can assist you with any questions or concerns please contact us at 1-800-562-7169.

Stacie R.
Technical Support
Drs Foster & Smith

ejocam
09/04/2007, 09:55 AM
They have the link on their website, but it says it is expired. Are you saying that the offer is still available?

Thanks, Eric

dfs/la2
09/04/2007, 10:15 AM
ejocam,

Thank you for contacting us. We apologize for the confusion. The Dodge deal offer ended on August 31st, it is no longer available. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Stacie R.
Technical Support
Drs. Foster and Smith

ejocam
09/04/2007, 10:19 AM
no problem, thanks

lemec
09/04/2007, 08:36 PM
so is there going o be another deal/code soon or do I need to look elsewhere?

Opus123
09/04/2007, 09:50 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10689944#post10689944 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lemec
It accepted mine on the 31st but I forgot to finalize the order and now I'm in the sam boat, lol....anyone know of a/the new code?

Same here. I had all my stuff in my basket along with the code Friday afternoon. Decided to wait a day or 2 to make sure I didn't forget something I needed and when I tried to order, it kicked out the coupon. Now I'm pulling stuff out of the cart to get the price down.

dfs/la2
09/05/2007, 07:29 AM
Lemec and Opus123,

We’re sorry to hear you missed the Dodge deal offer, which ended on August 31st. At this time we are not participating in another promotion. However we would be happy to assist you. Please P.M. us with your personal contact information so that we may call you to discuss your orders.

Ginger K.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

P.Kelly
09/06/2007, 02:13 PM
This is too bad, this deal would have been the deciding factor for me as opposed to ordering from MarineDepot.com, who is closer and will not take a week to get my items shipped.

dfs/la2
09/06/2007, 04:05 PM
petes97,

Thank you for contacting us. We apologize the Dodge special ended on August 31st. We offer similar specials such as this at least once a year. We certainly apologize for any inconvenience.

If you have any further questions please contact us at 1-800-334-3699.

Stacie R.
Technical Support
Drs Foster and Smith

P.Kelly
09/06/2007, 04:17 PM
Stacie,

No inconvenience, you just aren't as competitive to a first time customer without the discount. I'm shopping for a large order and your competition will get the dollars.

Please let me know when you offer another promotion and I will consider shopping you then.

Toddrtrex
09/06/2007, 08:05 PM
Not knocking any other vendors, but sometimes there is other things to consider beside just the price. IMO, outstanding customer service is worth paying a little bit more.

P.Kelly
09/06/2007, 08:20 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10712613#post10712613 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Toddrtrex
Not knocking any other vendors, but sometimes there is other things to consider beside just the price. IMO, outstanding customer service is worth paying a little bit more.

I've had nothing but top notch customer service from MarineDepot.com. So the difference is that shipping from DrsF&S will take longer. If you offer a first time customer a discount, you can win them away from another company. It's too bad they stopped the promo.

Toddrtrex
09/06/2007, 08:26 PM
I didn't notice ( until now ) where you live. I am in Chicagoland, so I get my stuff from F&S fairly quickly -- a lot quicker then the stuff from MD. So I can see why you might want to order from MD.

Brent Thomann
09/07/2007, 02:39 PM
here's $5 off coupon I found guys

2605/4017

HBtank
09/10/2007, 08:37 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10712613#post10712613 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Toddrtrex

Dr. Fosters has awesome customer service!

But, I have found that almost all the major RC online vendor sponsors are almost equally good.

reef 'n ale
09/11/2007, 12:06 PM
This is a shame. I know I, and a lot of other RC members, use this discount as a way to single Drs. F&S out from the competition.

Maybe you can offer a recurring discount for RC members?

Rob

mrsschrock
09/11/2007, 01:57 PM
Maybe you can offer a recurring discount for RC members?

I think that would be a great idea! I do alot of business with Drs. F & S and that would encourage me to continue to support them!

dfs/la2
09/11/2007, 02:47 PM
reef 'n ale,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to inform everyone about our discounts. We are very happy to provide discounts through our Business Partner Program (http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/general.cfm?general_pagesid=397&ref=3990&subref=AB) . We offer “Rewards for Aquarium Societies that Promote Aquatic Education & Awareness”. Please visit our Business Partner Program website for complete details.

In addition to our Business Partner Program we also offer exclusive savings to Reef Central members through the SPONSORS icon at the top of this page.

Ginger K.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

reef 'n ale
09/12/2007, 07:56 AM
Thanks Ginger.

Even though the Business Partner Program sounds like a fantastic plan, that would rarely apply to everyday needs.

It in no way compares to the "dodge" discount you were running.

Rob

DFS/LA1
09/12/2007, 01:34 PM
Dear RC members,

I apologize for all the confusion. I’ve researched this promotion and its original intention. This promotion was intended to be used exclusively by Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler owners who had purchased a vehicle within the last 12 months. The amount and expiration date was determined by Chrysler and was advertised in their magazines that were sent to their customers and their online site. This code was never intended to become public or to be used by anyone besides their vehicle owners. Since the code became common knowledge and Chrysler realized many more people were using it then intended they decided to end the promotion. I apologize if you are a Dodge, Jeep or Chrysler owner and was not able to use this promotion prior to this date.

Please PM me if you have any further questions or concerns and I will address them personally. I have requested that this thread be closed.

Jaimie A
Customer Service Manager
LiveAquaria.com

prugs
09/12/2007, 06:14 PM
One last comment before you close the thread.

Our Reef Club is pursuing the business partner program. While the discount is 10%, & not as good as the 15% dodge deal. It is still a good program.

Thanks Dr. F&S