PDA

View Full Version : In your opinion-most desired "named" Zoa's and Paly's

rynon
09/02/2007, 09:29 AM
Just wanted to know in your opinion what you find to be the most "wanted" Zoanthids or Palythoa's. I'm sort of new to this and may do some ordering sometime soon. I think you know what I mean by "named"? Thanks everyone.

sambo123
09/02/2007, 10:40 AM
my favorites right now are nuclear greens and purple deaths, the downside is that they cost $40 per polyp

MUCHO REEF
09/02/2007, 12:24 PM
For me, the enjoyment is the hunt to find something different. I try very hard to stray away from that which has a name, since I'm not into them. I have over 130 different palys and zoas and I think only % 20 of them I'm told have a name. I prefer to purchase corals that catch my eye for their coloration, unique patterns and pigments. I sold a frag just yesterday with 30 polyps on a large disc for $ 25. Just an hour before doing so, I saw them being sold elsewhere for $ 20 per polyp. I didn't find them attractive at all. I guess it's a matter of personal taste.

If you are a newbie, I would strongly advise you to buy what you like, what catches your eye, whether it has a name or not. Happy hunting my friend.

Mucho

rynon
09/02/2007, 12:36 PM
Thanks, I guess I'm looking to make some money on my tank in the future? I see what your saying with the "names".

650-IS350
09/02/2007, 07:12 PM
What ever looks real good... I hate names and when people who charge an arm and a leg for 1 polyp.

But sometimes its hard not to especially if that person has what you want... take it with a grain of salt.

michaelaz
09/02/2007, 08:04 PM
This hobby isn't about the money,its about the enjoyment IMHO

If you are in it to make money you are going to disappointed.

I try to collect frags I like and I have a few frags I prop for tradind only.

crazy_reefing
09/03/2007, 01:57 AM
I don't know if they are desired by others but my fav's are the:
Fire & Ice
Blue Bullseyes
Tickle Me Pink
Armageddon
Dragon Eyes
Shiznits

MinibowMatt
09/03/2007, 09:16 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10687001#post10687001 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rynon
Thanks, I guess I'm looking to make some money on my tank in the future? I see what your saying with the "names".

I cant even touch this response, as it upsets me.

However, at least Rynon has the guts to admit that is what he is doing...

rynon
09/03/2007, 09:24 AM
I didn't mean I was going to start propagating and selling corals as a job or even to try and make a lot of money. All I meant was I would like to help fund my hobby by either trading or selling frags on occasion. I have a lot of corals in my tank.....I've made no money on any of them........I shipped them for free to a lot of people, or traded with people. Oh and don't get me wrong....I would not buy them if I didn't like them. Just so you all know I bought 5 different kinds on ebay last night, none of them are the "hot" names.........I liked the way they looked so that's what I got.

crazydante
09/04/2007, 02:24 AM
Theres nothing wrong with making money on corals YOU invested on. I sell, trade corals often. Not as a job but to get money for other corals, equipment ect. Hey, even sometimes to pay a bill,lol. You may end up with a small business one day. Anyways I like ppe's, xman and all the pinks. GL
Ps, I bought a huge colony of blue's and traded, sold for lots of other corals.

Scythanith
09/04/2007, 04:27 AM
PPE's, AOG's, Tubbs Blue's, etc. are all sought after polyps.

I agree with others on here, buy it cause you like it.

berniekyle
09/04/2007, 06:18 AM
My favs are PPE's, Lord of the Rings, Legions of Evil, Nuke

Greens, Purple Deaths, Tubs Blue. But if you want rare I dont

think anything is more rare than Envy Orange PPE's. I just got

three polyps of them and their quickly becoming my fav.

hoyta
09/04/2007, 07:03 AM
Sure, you got the 1200.00 palys:)
Whoever says they are in it for the hobby, and then charge 40.00 a polyp for a fast growing polyp like the Nucs and pds are put to make a buck. Plain and simple. But then again, if someone is willing to pay it, like myself, then its worth it...
As for most sought, right now its PPEs. At least thats what it seems. I'd like to get some red wines myself

berniekyle
09/04/2007, 09:15 AM
Actually my nukes and purple deaths don't grow very well for me

and from what I hear I'll be lucky to get 1 polyp a year from the

envy orange. On the other hand I have about 50 ppe's that

grow quite well.

jeffhand
09/06/2007, 12:39 PM
Tubbs ,pd,ng

rynon
09/06/2007, 03:58 PM
Here's what I ended up getting, cheap IMO. These may be "made up" names but I really don't care, they're bright and colorful.
Radioactive neon green 10+ polyps
Red thunder 10+ polyps
Blue eyes watermelons 10+polyps
Firehawks (my favorites...I've seen anyway) 10+polyps
Blue shimmers 10+polyps

I bought all of these on Ebay and get them tomorrow. The seller is Zoafrag.com.....great site and I got a heck of a deal IMO. I bought them over labor day weekend so maybe no one payed attention or didn't like them? I DID go for the cheap ones on purpose. I payed 9.99 per frag for all but the firehawks which I payed 16.49 for. So I won 4 frags with no other bids and one with one other bid :). Ebay is fun.....and I believe this is a very good store?

emerald chondro
09/06/2007, 04:39 PM
I personally wish i could get some red Wines at a decent price.

But i also love Aog's, cats eyes, Radioactive dragon eyes, PPE's, and purple deaths.

650-IS350
09/06/2007, 04:50 PM
Emerald try contacting REVtree.. he has redwines.