PDA

View Full Version : Time for the first Coral

Columbo
09/03/2007, 04:11 PM
75 gallon with about 70 pounds of Live rock has been running successfully for about a year now. The light right now is just for
illumination. There is capacity for six 65 watt power compacts, that I'll stick with for a while. There are four fish a Coral Beauty, Blue Tang, tomato Clown and a fire fish. Air driven skimmer, 20 gallon sump that returns with an ehiem 1260 (or is it a 1060) via a squid. Three or four powerheads depending upon my mood provide circulation.

My question is what should the introductory coral be?

ps I would like add another fish too, Copper Band Butterfly? Marine Betta

Oopps almost forgot about the 20ish snails 20ish hermits 2 emeralds and lone cleaner shrimp.

peace
sc
johnson city

fatrip
09/03/2007, 05:07 PM
well with the lighting you want to stay with and the coral beauty, i would suggest that you start with a soft coral, because first off the coral beauty would more than likly nip at the polyps of any sps, second you would have to start dosing a two part to keep you calcium and alkalinity up. but there are many beautiful soft corals that are great to start with...i would suggest that if you are thinking about sps corals that you should upgrade the lighting. as for soft corals...xenia's, green star polyps, and kenya tree corals are all nice becuse they move with the water current and on there own a bit....

Piazzon12
09/03/2007, 06:42 PM
I just made some frags of muli-colored zoos, pink paly, green hairy shrooms, green striped shrooms & green star polyps that would be just fine starters. Let me know if you're interested, or anyone else for that matter.

drbronx
09/03/2007, 08:04 PM
Welcome to STRS Columbo! Your life will never be the same:) A number of us propogate softies and sps so be sure to check with us before getting ripped off by the local fish stores.

fatrip
09/03/2007, 08:05 PM
LOL....So horrorably honest...:(