PDA

View Full Version : best online source for acrylic

Rwinfrey
09/03/2007, 06:03 PM
Acrylic is mucho denaro in Ct. 450 bucks for a 4x8 sheet of 3/8. So online it is I am lookinng to buy 1/2 inch sheet.Thanks in advance:D

Breene
09/03/2007, 06:34 PM
Might not have the size you want but i would try e-mailing them asking for bigger sheets: http://www.tapplastics.com/index.php?

woz9683
09/03/2007, 07:04 PM
www.delviesplastics.com . They have the best prices I've seen online, but I'm not sure what brand of material they use. I've heard Plexi-glas from the company and I've heard Spartech from another source.

You should check some other places locally if you haven't checked everyone. That price is ridiculous no matter where you're located. And shipping full sheets from any online vendor is not going to be cheap.

Rwinfrey
09/03/2007, 07:08 PM
I have called them all and that is the average I know shipping is going to be pretty-sick but so far I have found some for 270.00 plus motor freight shipping I might try to grt pre-cut to cut down the cost.

woz9683
09/03/2007, 07:13 PM
Hmm, I should have checked before I posted the link. It seems like they've changed their website around since I last visited it. They only list sheets up to 24"x48" now. I'm sure you can still get larger sizes from them, but they used to have all the prices listed. I guess you'll have to call them now. Also, they're obviously only using Plexi-Glas material, not Spartech, the new site makes that more clear, and the prices are still pretty good for that material. Not great, but still better than most I've seen online.

Here's another one to check though. www.mcmaster.com . I just checked it and their price for .472" thickness cast acrylic is pretty good. It doesn't say, but as far as I know Spartech is the only company using imperial thicknesses any more, so the 1/2" cast material should be Spartech, but I don't know if it's worth almost $100 a sheet extra to you. Still, either price is cheaper than your local source apparently.

woz9683
09/03/2007, 07:16 PM
I think $270 is about the best you'll find online. McMaster was $266 for the .472" stuff (I would call and check the brand before buying anything though). My local place is also normally $270 a sheet (unless you buy in bulk or they have a sale).

woz9683
09/03/2007, 07:18 PM
Oh, and I want to say they can ship the 24"x48" UPS, which may be why Delvies redid their site. So, if you want to save on shipping by avoiding motor freight, I think that's the biggest you can get.