PDA

View Full Version : Scribbled Angel

grouper25
09/04/2007, 07:03 AM
I just got a 6 inch Scribbled Angel. What a beautiful and spectacular fish it is and with a great personality. He eats crazily in my 220 but only Frozen mysis. He has avoided fresh clams, mussles and shrimp I have cut up.He is a little bit skinny from being shipped(I hope its not some parasite) and I am trying ways to fatten him up a bit. He does not eat Nori, or at least not yet. Anyone have any comments on the Scribbled??????
Thanks

jmaneyapanda
09/04/2007, 07:51 AM
Give them some time. I had one that would eat ANYTHING. Unfortunately, this eventually meant every type of invert in my tank, but he was a pig.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/524/123758scribbled.jpg

mike888705
09/09/2007, 02:36 PM
I'm in the same situation I just got a blue line angelfish he is 3 days old to my tank. And so far I cant get him to eat anything but mysis but he mainly just eats off the rocks.

zemuron114
09/10/2007, 01:25 AM
try scallops. I use to feed the big males i receive from australia scallops and they would always eat them. Keep trying meaty foods clams etc until he eats it. He wont gain any weight on mysis.

Macimage
09/11/2007, 10:44 PM
I would like a pair of these. Does anyone know how to tell the difference between the males and females?

Thanks!
Joyce

CarlC
09/12/2007, 12:33 AM
Tail shape will tell you the differance. Females have a straight up and down or slightly rounded tail. Males have more of a concave looking tail that has slight extensions on the upper and lower tips.

Carl

zemuron114
09/12/2007, 01:20 AM
also males she the true scribbled patterns. females are not even comparable to the males when it comes to the blue scribbles and overall brightness.

Pairs are relatively easy to obtain. However, i havn't seen any males lately. They are a nice fish. They get BIG though!

grouper25
09/12/2007, 06:48 AM
Based on what I have read here, mine is a female as the colors are not that vibrant. Also, the males sell for $450+ and mine was $229. Mine loves mysys but has yet to gain any material weight. I am going to try some clams and scallops as suggested here. One thing certain. This fish has a wonderful friendly personality. I have only had her 3 weeks and she is so well adjusted and almost wags her tail like a dog when I approach the tank. My smaller Blueface does harrass her but guess thats to be expected.

Macimage
09/12/2007, 09:24 AM
Thank you for the information. I've always wanted one of these and will be setting up a FOWLR 180 gallon tank for non reef safe fish.

Joyce