PDA

View Full Version : fish is sick?

Arrg
09/06/2007, 12:55 PM
Does anybody know what is wrong with my angel fish I believe it's sick but I can't really figure out what it is.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/125517fishy.jpg

If anybody has any ideas with what is wrong with him please let me know I don't want the big guy to die. It was given to me by a fellow reefer he claims it was only eating his zoas and that nothing else was wrong. When he was catching him he said that he may have injured his nose and the top of his fin, but it almost looks like his scales are disappearing.

steri
09/06/2007, 01:32 PM
Man I can't remember the name of this for the life of me right now, but I can tell what I remember about it.

1) It's not ich or even parasitic.

2) I don't believe I have ever seen a case of this that is contagous to other fish.

3) It will almost certainly kill your angel

4) Is usually triggered by stress and inadequate diet with an emphasis on inadequate diet.

That's what I remember about it. I have never seen an angel pull through this once they've gotten it, so as far as a "cure" I'm sorry, I can't be of much help to you. What size tank is he in now? What are you feeding him? I would suggest adding some garlic dosed nori to his diet, along with some sponge type meal, assuming he is still eating. If he's not eating, that makes the situation worse.

Poor poor Imperator. In my opinion, this is the most beautiful of the angelfish species. I absolutely love these fish.

DetectiveTofu
09/06/2007, 02:45 PM
I don't know what is wrong with it...maybe brooknellya, or oodinium? Anyways, I don't think it could hurt to put the Imperator into a QT tank and treat accordingly. Even if something is not contagious, I would rather be safe than sorry.

kau_cinta_ku
09/06/2007, 03:51 PM
welcome to the world of hillie (sp.)

Arrg
09/07/2007, 03:10 PM
looks like it might be velvet I asked on another forum as well and then looked it up and he's got alot of the same symptoms it's a little fuzzy like it I was told to maybe to try a FW dip which then QT with copper, so I'm trying that right now.

Arrg
09/09/2007, 12:22 PM
lovely now my black onyx clowns have it :(