PDA

View Full Version : anemone in cave

CTurtleGirl
09/06/2007, 02:40 PM
I have a pair of clowns I've had for almost 9 years now. They hosted a heteractis aurora anemone for 7 of those years. Well sadly that anemone died last year. I was having some issues with a DSB and the water quality was bad. Well to make a long story short I removed the DSB and the tank is great again. The clowns took a liking to hanging out in a cave in the rockwork and spawning there and a couple of weeks ago I found another H. aurora and bought it for them. They didn't want to host it and its been about 3 weeks and the anemone stayed relatively in the same spot on the middle of the tank and was doing fine. Well this morning I couldn't find and looked everywhere. I finally found it and it was inside the cave the clowns have been in. There is no way I'm going to get it out of there as it is underneath a significant amount of rockwork. The anemone looks ok but the lights haven't come on yet. What should I do? Let it find its way out hopefully? I got a pic when the lights came on with the flash. You can see the base of the anemone in the back of the cave. One of the problems is that the male clown is guarding the eggs at the front of the cave and won't let the anemone out. I don't want to tear apart the rocks until the eggs hatch cause that would totally stress the clowns out. Luckily the eggs should hatch soon and then I can do that if I have to. I am worried the anemone won't survive until then. Thanks for any advice! Heres my tank specs:

75 gal acrylic, 2 175 watt MH 12K, 4 MJs on a wavemaker, Turboflotor skimmer, CA 450, No3 5, Nitrite & ammonia 0, SG 1.025, Ph 8.2, Mg 1250, Alk 3.1, 2 false percs, one scopas tang, 6 line warasse, 1 green chromis

CTG

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d32/CTurtleGirl/MVC-026F.jpg

CTurtleGirl
09/06/2007, 05:30 PM
would turning the powerheads off for a while help do you think?

CTG