PDA

View Full Version : Fighting SPS pests!

mark97r6
09/06/2007, 03:46 PM
Hey guys.

I am just about ready to restock my tank from losing the lot in the resent floods we had here in the UK.

I have a a few of my old colonies back as frags from either rescueing small bits that i could or local reefers fragging there colonies that grew from my frags (cheers guys).
Though i am reading more and more about SPS pest's that were not so long ago just something we read about you americans struggleing with, mainly monti nudis!
Monti's being my favourite SPS i want to be very carefull so am implementing a quarantine tank (i have never done this with corals before).

But.. I am thinking of taking this one step further towards my fish stocking. What fish can i include in my stocking to prey on such animals? Do you guys do anything similar?
I have heard pipefish are a good one, but mainly for redbugs, i am thinking more the nudis but definetly directed towards redbugs as well.

At the mo i am really considering the pipefish (can anyone reccomend a species) and let it get settled early, my tank is teaming with pods and i would happily go without mandarins and scooters etc if the pipefish aided this.

Any thoughts guys?

Cheers
Mark

Pyrrhus
09/06/2007, 04:00 PM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1200857

mark97r6
09/06/2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks alot for that link Pyrrhus, will have a good read of it.

Mark