PDA

View Full Version : home made rig for nori

ryanpal
09/06/2007, 07:46 PM
hey guys,

i notice they have a clip for the nori which has a suction cup that attaches to the glass. until i get one shipped or pick one up, is there any rigs in which i can use household products to hold the nori so the new tang will eat?

Dan9
09/06/2007, 07:49 PM
I've heard people using rubberbands and banding it to a rock

poppin_fresh
09/06/2007, 07:57 PM
Those suction cup clips suck. I've got 2 you can have if you want to pay shipping, but even for free, its still a rip off.

I finally started using my mag cleaner to hold a piece of nori. Just put the corner of a piece between the pad and the glass and let the magnet do the rest. Unlike the suction clips, it WONT fall off.

ryanpal
09/06/2007, 08:43 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10712539#post10712539 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by poppin_fresh
Those suction cup clips suck. I've got 2 you can have if you want to pay shipping, but even for free, its still a rip off.

I finally started using my mag cleaner to hold a piece of nori. Just put the corner of a piece between the pad and the glass and let the magnet do the rest. Unlike the suction clips, it WONT fall off.

great idea..i got one of them.

thanks a bunch for the info ;]

Tayler
09/06/2007, 08:46 PM
you could try sticking it between a magnetic algae scraper if you ve got one.

TomRep
09/06/2007, 10:15 PM
There is a local guy to me who came up with the idea of making an acrylic "hook" to attach to the clips in placeof the suction cups. The hook is at the top and you just hook it over the edge of your tank. He gave me one, but I have a euro braced tank. I just take my algea cleaning rod and put it across my tank and hang the hook on that. Works like a charm and you don't have to get your hands wet to feed your fish.
tom

HippieSmell
09/06/2007, 11:45 PM
I use my magfloat. It's the only thing that magnet is good for.

happyface888
09/06/2007, 11:53 PM
I got a spare magfloat and use it for a nori clip, its better than thoes sucktion things, its a two in one a algae scraper and a clip.

loosecannon
09/07/2007, 06:36 AM
Home made rig for nori, put ounder rock.