PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a JBJ NC 24g w/ HQI

REDDAWG43
09/07/2007, 09:40 AM
I will be setting up a JbJ Nano Cube 24g w/ 150w HQI this weekend, and wanted to know if anyone that has one, would have any suggestions on modifications for it.
Also how did they set-up the rear chambers.

Illuminati
09/07/2007, 10:28 AM
I have that tank and the Sunpod 150W HQI.

Back chambers:
Chamber 1 (Behind intake grill)
Chemi-Pure Elite on the bottom of the chamber, filter floss above that.
Chamber 2 (Middle)
Purigen, MJ900 for skimmer
Chamber 3 (Return Chamber)
MJ1200 (Or 900 if you want) replaced stock pump, Reefkeeper 2 Temp Probe.

Equipment:
Reefkeeper 2 - Controls the light cycle, heater, fan that keeps the unit cool and the pumps.
Aqua C Nano Remora, good skimmer, fit's like a charm.
Glass top from www.aquabuys.com

Here is a picture of the top, shows the fan, skimmer & sunpod:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/colinadam/setup.jpg

The fan does a GREAT job but it evaporates more water and looks like crap, I am still thinking of how to install it so it looks good and is functional. It's the Azoo fan from Dr. Foster & Smith, the 2 fan system, not the 4 fan.

Here's a FTS, shows the inside, I have a small 75W Titanium (Azoo brand again I think from Dr. Foster & Smith) mounted flush with the glass right beside the stock output nozzle.
2 Hydor Korallia #1's provide extra flow for the corals.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/colinadam/SeptemberFTS.jpg

Planning on doing SPS? If so I can give you some dosing advice.

REDDAWG43
09/12/2007, 11:04 PM
Colinadam....I plan on setting up my 24g nano, pretty much like yours. Softies at the bottom, hard corals at the top.
I'd gladly take all tips you are willing to share.

Illuminati
09/13/2007, 07:42 AM
I use Reef Crystals at the moment and plan on switching to Red Sea Pro Coral Salt in a couple months. A good salt is key.

I dose with Kent A & B CA & ALK supplements. Right now I dose 30 drops of each every day plus a weekly capfull of Kent Calcium and a weekly capful of Kent Magnesium. Salifert or API test kits to test all levels (CA, ALK & Mag).
B-ionic is another popular 2 part solution.

As for starter SPS I would try some Monti Digitata's, Birdsnest and Monti Caps to start, I LOVE Milliopora's now and I find they are easy to care for as long as you give them a lot of flow.

T-Rich
08/15/2010, 10:36 AM
I got the MH upgrade and it works awesome

nvdiz
08/15/2010, 02:08 PM
a little late man. hahaha
this thread is almost 3 years ago