PDA

View Full Version : flatworm troubles....

ocean.mirage
09/07/2007, 01:22 PM
My flatworm population is growing in my tank.

1. What kinds of problems will they cause?
2. How do I get rid of them or minimize their numbers?

Thanx

stoneskid
09/07/2007, 02:28 PM
Get flatworm exit, these suckers are just gonna keep mulitpying. I posted a link a few weeks back that has all the info you need.

BTW Search ;)

ocean.mirage
09/07/2007, 04:09 PM
I can't get salifert flatworm exit, is there anything else I can get or do to get rid of these things

K' Family Reef
09/07/2007, 05:12 PM
i have some in my tank
came in w/ some macro that i purchased from LFS... didnt think to quarantine the macro when i got it...

nonetheless there are different fish that might eat them
i have 2 mardarins in my tank... they seem to be taking care of them... both look phat!

you might do a search here on RC...
regarding which type of fish that will eat them... and you might be sure the fw you have are the 'bad' ones bec if they are clear looking then you probably dont need to worry about it... the kind i have are red and very small...

i have also heard some people say if you leave them alone they will go away eventually...

but on the other hand i have heard of more horror stories about how they 'ruined' or crashed a tank (one story here locally recently advanced aquarist lost his entire coral reef from die off etc = ended up w/ a tank full of flatworms!)

i have been keeping an eye on the fw in my tank to see if they are going to start getting out of hand... if they do start to overpopulate then i intend to get fw exit.

thor32766
09/07/2007, 06:11 PM
if you can sphion them out of the tank as much as you can. that will help alot for right now till you can do more