PDA

View Full Version : getting worried-lionfish spitting out silversides

giants4pc
09/07/2007, 07:37 PM
I've had him for over 2 months and he has always lived up to the billing with food. I got him when he was a good 6" big. He used to devour frozen, then thawed, silversides. For the past week, he has been letting them float right over his mouth. When he finally decides to snag it, he spits it out after a few seconds. Any ideas?

reefer334
09/07/2007, 08:26 PM
Try shrimp mine loves them and he is 12 inches.I also feed him smelt.If he does not eat for a couple of weeks he will be fine they do that ounce in a while,just double check your water parameters just be on the safe side especialy the ph my lion seems to be sensitve to this as do my triggers. Hope this helps you out.

Ranzan
09/07/2007, 08:32 PM
is that all you have been feeding him ? they like variety in their diet try some kind of shrimp or squid No one can pass up good squid:D

Reef of Eden
09/07/2007, 10:09 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10719926#post10719926 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by giants4pc
I've had him for over 2 months and he has always lived up to the billing with food. I got him when he was a good 6" big. He used to devour frozen, then thawed, silversides. For the past week, he has been letting them float right over his mouth. When he finally decides to snag it, he spits it out after a few seconds. Any ideas? have you bought new packages of food since then??

giants4pc
09/08/2007, 11:03 AM
I've tried raw shrimp bc my puffer loves them but the lion just tends to let them pass. I will try to offer more variety.

welsher7
09/08/2007, 11:17 AM
variety is a good thing, and try soaking the food in garlic and selcon. my russelles goes nuts for that stuff.