PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys ship corals??????

wrenchhead
09/09/2007, 12:46 AM
Do you send them next day,second day or third?
What size boxes on average?
Do you use heat packs or cold packs?(I am in Florida)
How much are the packages on average?
How much on average do the packages weigh?

I have some monti cap and tricolor acro frags that I have sold and traded and gave away to the local club and I still have a ton of them left.Also traded to the local fish stores for credit!
I thought I might sell them on ebay or try to sell or trade them on RC but I want to see what would take to ship them.
Thanks in advance for your help.

jessp
09/09/2007, 07:04 AM
I order the flat rate boxes from usps and order the express shipping stickers. then i just slap the express stickers over the priority print on the boxes and use those as free boxes.

then i go to home depot and buy the styro-foam insulation panels 3/4" thick and line the inside the box w/ those.

If needed i buy heat packs from kensfish dot com usually the 20 hour packs. If cold pack is needed someone else reccomended freezing flavor-ice popsicles. the kind encased in plastic and using them to cool for express shipping.

I prefer to ship overnight usps express.

btw i think i sent you some frags about 8 months ago, mostly zoas. I think the temps here where pretty stable and they where sent usps priority. at the time the temps where high 70s so perfect shipping weather.