PDA

View Full Version : The fish bowl

emonemo420
09/09/2007, 07:40 PM
When i get done with my cdcs i think im gonna try and work at the fish bowl and clean it up. What do you guys think? Lets say i can get a job in there what would you guys suggest i do to help out in there...other then fire the owner and stick her in a room smaller then a jail cell and leave her with minimal air lol. I really wanna try and get in there get a good place for people to come and get fish. Especially somethign close. ne ideas?

Gordonious
09/09/2007, 09:46 PM
I personally wouldn't work there because I would be helping the owner out. Besides just imagine when she gives someone horrible advice on the day your off and they come back and yell at you the next day. The lady obviously does not care. I don't know how she can bring herself into work year after year. Killing countless numbers of animals.

mech0522
09/10/2007, 11:46 AM
i live near there she could use some good help to start redo all the salt tanks

hottuna
09/10/2007, 12:43 PM
get them a good r/o di prefiltration unit. up to date high end skimmer on the fish system,re-do the reef tanks.

Jocephus
09/10/2007, 08:04 PM
Kerosene.

emonemo420
09/11/2007, 03:29 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10732817#post10732817 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gordonious
I personally wouldn't work there because I would be helping the owner out. Besides just imagine when she gives someone horrible advice on the day your off and they come back and yell at you the next day. The lady obviously does not care. I don't know how she can bring herself into work year after year. Killing countless numbers of animals.

well thats part of the reason i would wanna work there...to give people good advice...i know im a newb myself but every little bit helps...and besides im sure u guys (and girls) would love a store u could go to near by and order stuff...via me of course..and maybe turn the store around the best i possibly could...and yes i know shes a fricken bum and is killing fish thats why she needs someone in there that cares...the last time i was in there i was disgusted..i couldnt belive it...well see what happens

emonemo420
09/11/2007, 03:30 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10739581#post10739581 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jocephus
Kerosene.

and start all over i agree lol

Jocephus
09/11/2007, 03:49 PM
Josh, I think it's a great idea. I'd love to open a store, but I make peanuts. Maybe after I hit the powerball. The trick will be getting her to hire you. I think it's onlyher working in there now. At least she's the only one I ever see.

HIJACK

I think one of my butterflies is getting Ick. I might have to pull it to medicate. Not too bad so far, maybe I'll just try a water change.

emonemo420
09/11/2007, 07:59 PM
well as far as only her working there im gonna have to disagree...i called today to see if they had any mexican turbo snails....first off the girl that answered had no idea what a mexican turbo snail was...by that i mean i hear her go "maria do we have any uh...mexican ...snails...wait mexican umm turbo snails or something?" . the girl gets back on the phone and goes "we dont have any ""giggle giggle"" mexican ""giggle"" turbo snails" so i asked if they had any other snails. and she said we have other snails but no "mexicans" "giggle giggle... i coulda killed her....so yea they definately need someone in there that has a fricken clue what the heck is going on....but yea getting them to hire me will b the trick...we shall see...first i gotta pass my cdcs which is coming up here shortly ..wish me luck on that one!

and good luckwith ur fish mate..i hate it when they get sick

Jocephus
09/12/2007, 04:46 AM
Snails from Mexico? Do they slime in Espanol? I think those are her kids or something. That's the only thing I can think of. Otherwise, why do you hire someone who has no idea about fish? But then, look who we're talking about.

Adictedtoswf
09/23/2007, 12:52 PM
I got mostt of everything in my tank from her. Is there a better place? I heard of Dr Mac, where is it and can I buy from there? Looks like a few of us are from the base, may we can join up and share what we do have.

emonemo420
09/23/2007, 01:43 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10826277#post10826277 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Adictedtoswf
I got mostt of everything in my tank from her. Is there a better place? I heard of Dr Mac, where is it and can I buy from there? Looks like a few of us are from the base, may we can join up and share what we do have.

ur on base??? where....and yea im definately down to meet up with someone and swap ideas...and yes the fishbowl is by far the worst LFS i have ever seen....they are overpriced, dirty, and have the knowledge of a houseplant... which leads them to losing the big money that people in this club and "real" aquarium hobbyists spend on their tanks...but if u want to get good fish there really isnt ne where around here....online,that fish place (www.thatfishplace.com) especially is good but a 2.5 hour drive, and dr.mac which is about an hour or so....but ne way feel free to message or even give me a call 717-813-5602 i work days sunday-thursday so either way hit me up

wds21921
10/09/2007, 12:44 PM
As many people as I've met on base that are SW hobbyists, you guys definitely need to do some fragging. Seems like the hobby is flourishing down there.
Sadly I've heard about this place but can't bring myself into going in there.
I agree with you intentions Josh to turn the place around but don't be surprised if it goes no where and don't be disappointed in yourself either if it doesn't change.
Some stores like that seem to survive for years with bad owners who care nothing about the hobby or their customers. Eventually though, because of their stubbornness, they'll eventually be forced out of business.
I've posted several times how nice it would be to have a REAL fish store in the Dover, Smyrna or Middletown area. If someone did it right it could be a gold mine thriving with some talented hobbyists.

Financially for me it's completely out of the question right now but if one opened up I'd be happy to help out at least part time. Let's hope we get some relief down here and soon lol.

icy1155
10/10/2007, 07:48 AM
I got told here the other night that we dont sell RO/DI units or water because "When you add the salt to the water it takes all the bad stuff out"... not kidding.

Gordonious
10/10/2007, 08:55 AM
Lol. I believe it. I bet you could convince them table salt would work just as well. LOL.

Jocephus
10/10/2007, 03:00 PM
Awesome.

wds21921
10/10/2007, 03:27 PM
LOL that pretty much answers any and ALL questions I would ever possibly have about that place.

Oh wait milk just came out of my nose...............lol

Jocephus
10/10/2007, 05:46 PM
Wait a minute... Are you saying that it DOESN'T take all the bad stuff out?

I have to hurry and open a store. I think I'd have a large customer base! Any potential partners out there?

Adictedtoswf
10/10/2007, 06:30 PM
I am in Joe. I have plenty of table salt to start us out with.

Adictedtoswf
10/10/2007, 06:31 PM
btw, does anyone know how to hook up the overflow box to the Remora Pro?

Jocephus
10/17/2007, 06:38 PM
Hey check this out

http://www.fishbowldover.com/

They don't have a SINGLE PICTURE of anything in their store, I wonder why!

emonemo420
10/17/2007, 07:52 PM
yea i saw that a long time ago but i havent been able to find it since good find

Gordonious
10/17/2007, 08:44 PM
Someone figure out where they stole the graphics from. Perhaps they'll get sued for stealing the images and then force to put the place up for sale dirt cheap and you guys can become the new owners.

Jon

hottuna
10/28/2007, 07:19 AM
was there yesterday...that lady who runs it now is a complete moron.

emonemo420
10/28/2007, 07:05 PM
gotta here this story why is she a complete moron besides the obvious

hottuna
10/29/2007, 01:28 PM
i asked if she had any polyfilters in stock...she pulls out a bag of polyester filter wool and says "you mean this ?"

emonemo420
10/29/2007, 05:10 PM
rocket scientist i tell ya

lorenzo alford
11/03/2007, 05:53 AM
Boy hottuna you are really down on the fishbowl!!!! alright spill the beans. what has she done to you? Why did you need a poly filter, and did you make yourself clear??? I usually it a poly pad!!!!!

Jocephus
11/03/2007, 06:38 AM
Lorenzo Alford,

If you have a 180 gal reef in Dover, we need to be friends. I'd love to see that. Are you new around here, or just to RC?

boashan
11/05/2007, 06:55 AM
no jocephus not new, but havent been on this site for a while!!!!

MarDew
11/07/2007, 09:10 AM
I go to the fish bowl all the time. Thay have been very helpfull with everything that i ask. so i don't know what the problem is with some people!!!!

Anemone
11/07/2007, 06:52 PM
We allow only on account name per customer. Additionally, we have a rather suspicious view of people who register and immediately jump into a thread to defend a business.

Kevin

Gordonious
11/07/2007, 08:25 PM
wow...

Jocephus
11/07/2007, 08:54 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11134425#post11134425 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MarDew
I go to the fish bowl all the time. Thay have been very helpfull with everything that i ask. so i don't know what the problem is with some people!!!!

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't know what they are misinforming you about, then it's easy to say they are helpful. I go in The Fishbowl pretty often. In my experience, they have exactly one employee who knows much of anything, and he's only there part-time. Just my .02

Can you give an example of the helpful advice they've given? Maybe you will change my view.

Joe

Jocephus
11/07/2007, 08:55 PM
Oh, and I second Jon's Wow...

judge1995
11/07/2007, 09:07 PM
I agree with MarDew, everyone in FishBowl always nice and helpful. Why do you all go there if it's sooo bad?

Jocephus
11/07/2007, 09:12 PM
This is hillarious! I generally go there to see if they've made improvements. Usually, they have not.

It seems that the only people who defend the fish bowl only have one post to their credit.

My first post was in the "New to Hobby" section. You guys must be serious fish bowl supporters. We should plan a trip to the fish bowl one month for the meeting. I must be wearing the wrong shirt when I go in or something. I wanna go when you guys go from now on, to see them on their 'A game'!

Jocephus
11/07/2007, 09:15 PM
Josh, if this is you re-registering just to stir this up, I'm gonna be peeossed! HAHAHA

Gordonious
11/07/2007, 09:48 PM
Where are the moderators? Mods, please look at this thread.

I hate when I read threads bashing LFSs, but this store is absolutely horrible when they give people such bad advice, take so little care of their animals, have such uneducated employees(should I say employee) and act like this in the forum. It is no wonder that the number of reefers in the middle of the state is dismal.

I have never heard a soul say a good word about this store, but in this thread someone glancing through would conclude that, as with anything, there are mixed opinions. There are no mixed opinions on this store. This store is a bad store and one of their employees is posting in here just to be a smart @.....