PDA

View Full Version : moonlights

LooklikeME
09/10/2007, 07:23 PM
I have a 72"outer orbits 250w/t5 with 12(6 white and 6 blue two sperate cords)moonlights.Im plan on getting he AC3 this Thursday.My question is can I use the ac3 itself to dim the moonlights or do I have to buy a Lunar simulator and not use the LED's in the fixtures?

clp
09/11/2007, 03:12 PM
The LEDs in the fixture are most likely incompatible with the lunar simulator. If they have a standard power cord you can turn then on/off with a direct connect outlet but there will be no dimming.

Curt

bill-e
09/12/2007, 02:35 PM
I have the Current USA Sunpod which has the same LED's. They are powered by a couple of transformers. I have been dimming mine since I got it in May using an X10 lamp module.

madadi
09/12/2007, 04:12 PM
since this is a led thread ill just post hear and not start a new one

are the new neptune led moon simulators compatible with the aquacontroller original rev 1.11???

thanks in advance

LooklikeME
09/12/2007, 04:42 PM
bill-e, Are your leds dimming or just coming on and off at a set time?

bill-e
09/12/2007, 05:09 PM
dimming, but to do that u have to use X10 to control them

madadi
09/12/2007, 06:01 PM
anything that you can dim with an x10 im sure you can also dim with the dc8 on the 8th slot.

bill-e
09/12/2007, 06:04 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10753497#post10753497 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by madadi
anything that you can dim with an x10 im sure you can also dim with the dc8 on the 8th slot.
I wish that was true but DC8 doesn't dim.

madadi
09/12/2007, 06:55 PM
works on mine maybe something is wrong with it. curt needs to jump in on this one and help out. hehe

cham
09/16/2007, 08:28 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10753843#post10753843 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by madadi
works on mine maybe something is wrong with it. curt needs to jump in on this one and help out. hehe

I've heard about this "undocumented" 8th channel dimmer & I believe Curt will not be able to confirm or deny such existance.

From what I've read it is there & when I plugged my LED's into it mine sure looked like they were dimmed, for a few hours till it burned up my transformer (not built to be dimmed).

I am looking right now to find some dimable LED's to try out this on mine.

madadi
09/16/2007, 03:58 PM
in order for leds to dim they have to have a transformer that can take the lower voltage or it will burn. try to use a blue incandescent on your 8th slot and it will dim just fine. thats what ive been using all along. the only problem is that after using the bulb for a while it will start to flicker at lower voltage. but I've had the bulb dimming for almost a year now and I've just noticed some flickering. since i want to use the 8th plug for something else im going to get the new dimmable leds by neptunesys. they should dim just fine without flicker at lower voltage.

cham
09/16/2007, 07:31 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10778461#post10778461 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by madadi
in order for leds to dim they have to have a transformer that can take the lower voltage or it will burn. try to use a blue incandescent on your 8th slot and it will dim just fine. thats what ive been using all along. the only problem is that after using the bulb for a while it will start to flicker at lower voltage. but I've had the bulb dimming for almost a year now and I've just noticed some flickering. since i want to use the 8th plug for something else im going to get the new dimmable leds by neptunesys. they should dim just fine without flicker at lower voltage.

Do you have a link to the dimmable leds? I would like just the led's and not the dimmer controller.

madadi
09/16/2007, 08:24 PM
reefgeek.com sells the dimmable leds with the transformer that dims made by neptunesys but im not sure where you can get the leds alone. maybe someone else might now. i want the complete package because i need it to work with my aquacontroller.