PDA

View Full Version : Epson P-3000 "Digital Media Viewer"

BigMojo
09/11/2007, 09:44 AM
Epson P-3000
http://www.epson.com/cmc_upload/0/000/079/226/P3000_216x144.jpg
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Overview&oid=63061067&category=Products

I've been looking for and easy way to show my ever expanding portfolio to clients, friends and family without having to carry a pile of prints or a laptop with me every where. Up to this point I had been unimpressed with the products from Archos, SanDisk, Etc...and recently read a review on this unit from Epson.

Well, I went and took a look at it last night and was blown away by the display. The quality of the screen rivals a Lacie LCD, and I've never seen such resolution in such a small screen (4"). It's very easy to use and has a 40Gb Hard Drive. I plan on using it for 2 things, one as a "portable portfolio" it has a real nice, customizable slide show feature with fades and all those little FX, and also use it as a "Dump" for when shooting big projects (Via the CF slot in the top). I can quickly thumb through the images and get rid of bad shots and zoom up to 400% to check detail.

The unit has a CF and SD slot in the top, and I was able to empty my High Speed 4Gb CF card full of raw images in just a couple minutes. It will play back JPG and RAW files, but unfortunately not TIFFs (only draw back I've found thus far). It also does MP3 and video files such as MPEG4 and DivX, if you want to load a couple movies for a trip or something.

It's not cheap...Got it on a sale + a $100 mail-in rebate, but if you're serious about having a quality portable digital portfolio that doubles as "Proof Viewer"/Additional portable storage...definitely take a look at this thing. I believe all the Ritz/Wolf's have them in stock.

gregr
09/11/2007, 06:15 PM
I got the P-4500 when it came out a while back and I love it. I use it for an mp3/movie player on long flights too- that was a bonus that I didn't even think about. I do recommend a spare battery- they're cheap though.