PDA

View Full Version : Whats the latest on Bracket re-design??

DaveJ
09/11/2007, 11:41 AM
Roger,

What is the latest on the redesign of the brackets for the 6025, 6045 and 6055 line of products?

rvitko
09/11/2007, 02:17 PM
Basically, in about 4 weeks we short have a temporary redesign, thicker tabs. In about 3-4 months we should have a new clip that will mount to the round holes on the magnet holder instead of the clips.

DaveJ
09/11/2007, 02:19 PM
That's good news... will there be a trade-in option available for us?

rvitko
09/11/2007, 03:53 PM
No, if your old one brakes the current version will be sent as a replacement. The design flaw is not of the nature many people assume, nor is it as widespread, I would place it at about 10% but we have sold so many of these pumps that adds up to hundreds of clips. The bracket is made of GE Lexan and it is generally quite strong the flaws are due to problems in molding the part, it gets overheated if the dwell time is too long, but if properly made they do not brake within normal use. The majority of clips seem to hold up just fine but the defect rate is higher than we can accept.

marting
09/11/2007, 05:00 PM
Roger

Tunze have had a well deserved reputation, built over many years, for the superior quality of their products. This reputation could suffer if they continue to supply the nanostreams with a stated clip defect rate of around 10%.

I have not read of any failures leading to any consequential damage, but this might just be a matter of time.

Tunze would protect their reputation better by replacing all the clips shipped once the new assembly is available. The 3 to 4 months needs to be significantly reduced. How many potentially defective products might be shipped in this period? I would expect that Tunze have insurance to cover the cost of this.

Is waiting for individual warranty claims the appropriate action of a company built on superior product quality ?

Martin

Marcelostank
09/11/2007, 11:22 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10745079#post10745079 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rvitko
No, if your old one brakes the current version will be sent as a replacement. The design flaw is not of the nature many people assume, nor is it as widespread, I would place it at about 10% but we have sold so many of these pumps that adds up to hundreds of clips. The bracket is made of GE Lexan and it is generally quite strong the flaws are due to problems in molding the part, it gets overheated if the dwell time is too long, but if properly made they do not brake within normal use. The majority of clips seem to hold up just fine but the defect rate is higher than we can accept.

How can I get a replacement?

I have 2 6025's. They both work great except for the fact that my first one's clip broke while I was cleaning my glass with a magnet. (I bumped into the magnet/ph too hard and it fell right off.)

I spoke to my LFS and he said he never heard of such a problem and he'd speak to his distributor. When I went to get water today he said the distributor said the same and didn't sell the clips by themselves. Am I S.O.L? DO I need to purchase another ph for the new bracket!?!?

HELP!!!

rvitko
09/12/2007, 09:00 AM
Marcelo- please PM me an address and I will ship you a clip.

Marting, I am sorry but we are not a huge company and simply do not have the resources to do it any other way, we are doing the best we can. At the end of the day it is just an aquarium pump, if we made pacemakers I might see the urgency but this is a hobby and not a matter of life or death.