PDA

View Full Version : Help, I have a leak in the side of my 135 g aquarium

rschenck
09/11/2007, 06:09 PM
We have drained the water below the leak and put pumps in the lower water to keep fish and coral. We put silacone on the seam and now what? How long do we have to leave before putting water back over it? Do I have to do anything else to it before putting water back in? I am concerned that there is water between the aquarium and the base it is sitting on but what can I do?

Also I have questions about my fuge. Currently, I have water coming into the first chamber , going into the middle where the sand and live rock are then going thru a filter sponge into the 3rd chamber where it is pumped back into the tank. Where do I put the protein skimmer?

I previously had a 125 g with out a fuge and the skimmer was on the outside so this is new to me. Thanks for any help.

msn711
09/11/2007, 06:51 PM
I can't help you with the leak (personally, I would probably be looking for a new tank just to help me sleep better), but the skimmer usually would go in the first chamber where water is coming in. Some people do things differently, but with your set up, that's what is most common.

itsthesong
09/11/2007, 07:34 PM
I think that the rule of thumb tends to be around 48 hours...at least that I what I have used. I am sure that other's will chime in.