PDA

View Full Version : List of planned activities for tomorrow meeting, recap

mikekman
09/13/2007, 12:24 PM
Alright, tomorrow is the meeting! woohoo:D

Lets all try and come.

To recap, here is what will go on:

-Introductions -say your name, what size tank you have, and if its reef or fish only.

-Club elections

-sand swap

-macro algae swap

-frag swap/sell

-equipment swap/sell

Should be a fun time!

I don't think there are any tanks for viewing this month unlike last month were we got to see Joel's tank. I won't be able to do the zoanthid presentation as I have not finished it due to school. Sorry, you guys will have to wait next time.

boviac
09/13/2007, 01:42 PM
Umm... Again, thank you Mike.

First, I've prepared a copy of the zooanthid article in the Reef Hobbiest Magazine that I'll be happy to hand out and discuss at the meeting so if anyone was expecting a zooanthid presentation there will still be some info and discuss time.

Second, I discussed our club's meeting with the time-of-the-call manager at Round Table Pizza who stated we could get a 15% group discount if we somehow managed to order as a group (assuming at least five orders). Now, I haven't actually figured out how that would work as we all meander in at our own pace. Nonetheless, try mentioning you're with the club when you order Food. But please don't be disappointeded if it doesn't work yet... we may need membership cards or simply some time before they know us.

Third, I'd be happy to show my tank(s) again after the meeting if there is interest. But I wouldn't recommend bringing your children by as my 2 y.o. tends to be very posessive right now and has developed a killer shriek. Plus, I'll be on my own - wife working - so I'll have to watch her while trying to present my aquariums. If you think you can manage your kids better than I can mine, feel free to come with kids.

Fourth, We need to hold approval of the bylwas assuming a sufficent quarum has knowlege and understand of them before we can have officer elections.

Fifth, we need to discuss the option of registering with the state as a Non-Profit organization or just go on they fly.

Sixth, discuss events such as upcomming frag swap, coordination with the RARE, MARS, and BAR clubs, and any future events we may wish to do. Specifically, what to do for our October meeting.

Anyway, I've been working on an agenda but I'm at work now so that's just off the top of my head.

I believe I've already mentioned to you Mike about posting unofficial agendas. I know the club is growing and experiencing these 'pains.' So, I appreciate your enthusiasum.

Yes, I do hope everyone can make the meeting tomorrow and I look forward to getting a lot done.

I wouldn't recommend bringing in equipment unless you know you have a buyer or at least have someone with strong interest in actually seeing/buying the item(s).

The 'Sand Swap' is the event during this meeting. If any frag, macroalgae, or equipment are to be swapped please hold off for either the initial social portion or after the meeting.

Thanks everyone!

Twisted
09/13/2007, 07:31 PM
ME and my nieghbor Matt will be down there tomorrow. SOOOO not to add any problems, but if anyone is going to have anything for sale...especially frags let us know on here if you can tonight, so that we can bring some money, I have gotten out of the habit of carrying cash <because it disappears really quick> so I need to know if I should stop by the bank on the way there.

I was going to bring some sand but during a recent water change <today> I busted a couple of bubbles in my bubble algae colony, so I would hate to spread them to someone elses tank, and whenever you break one of those, there is a really good possability of passing them on.

Also if interested in going to the dixon frag swap but can't make that drive, Matt said he would be willing to stop along I5 and pick up a person or two, so if you can get to red bluff/corning or anywhere in between we might be able to arrange it, just let us know at the meeting.

micynyorkies
09/13/2007, 07:46 PM
I will bring a small (~1 to 1 1/2") frag of neon green horn coral not attached to anything yet. Here is a link to what it is:

Drs. Foster and Smith - Horn Coral (http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=469)

$10. Just as a warning, I recently treated my tank for flatworms. I haven't seen any sign of them in the week since, but you may want to quarantine.

Twisted
09/13/2007, 08:03 PM
Hydnophora, I have a big piece of that in the store right now too from a customer, very cool coral.

And for those that are concerned with the flat worms a quick rinseing with cold freshwater will knock off any remaining flat worms from the frag.
just fill a bowl with freshwater from the tap fairly cold, doesn't need to be ice cold, and slosh the coral around in it for a couple seconds, the wait a second and do it again, then put it in your tank.
Yes there is a risk of killing the coral, but not a very big rish if you are brief and put it in a nice established tank afterwards. It will slime for the night probablly, but it will reduce you chances of flat worms <I would love to say 100%, but we all know that is never true> to almost zero.

boviac
09/14/2007, 08:54 AM
Great Twisted! I appreciate yours and Matt's attendance and I hope others may be able to attend the frag swap now with your offer for transportation. This is a great opportunity for all. If you have any interest in a way to try to get a variety of frags to populate your tank for just your time or for very little cash - this is it.

I think this meeting can really bring the club to the next level. So come all and we'll see what happens.

Rysam
09/14/2007, 09:45 AM
im going to bring a few loose shrooms. maybe a purple ric or 2 i'll have to see what i can catch without drowning.

boviac
09/14/2007, 11:15 AM
I suppose if the volume of frags warrants it, after the meeting I can be an auctioneer of some sorts to 1) orgainze the potential frag swap/sale giving each item its time and showcase and 2) give everyone their chance to obtain the desired specimen. Of course I understand that there are already some pre-arranged deals. Something to keep in mind... ;)

PlayWithBob
09/14/2007, 01:20 PM
I'm planning on being there tonight.

I'll be bringing some 'equipment' to sell if there is any interest. Sump, skimmer, small tanks, and what ever else I carry to the car.

See you tonight
Bob