PDA

View Full Version : Float switch doesnt seem to do anything

benf
09/14/2007, 04:32 AM
Is there any type of enable to use the IO ?

I bought 2 of these...only one hooked up http://www.aquahub.com/store/ifloatfloatswitch.html
and even if i manually raise or lower the float the controller allows my kalk pump to run. So, i thought maybe the float was bad and i tried the second one, but still no luck.

Here is the code i am using per my other thread:
If pH < 08.12 Then PM1 ON
If pH > 08.11 Then PM1 OFF
If Switch1 CLOSED Then PM1 OFF

Is it my coding or did i miss something in the controller i was supposed to do to recognize the float??

Help!

thanks
Ben

lvreefer
09/14/2007, 09:22 PM
Maybe add an
If Time > 00:00 Then PM1 ON
statement.

lvreefer
09/14/2007, 09:23 PM
from the manual -
Externally Switched Events
The AquaController III is capable of sensing whether or not an external switch is open or closed and uses that
information to operate a control module. The switch inputs are brought into the AquaController III by two pins
on the I/O connector (See section ‘Input/Output Connector’ on page 40 for a diagram).
One possible use for the external switch input is to monitor the water level in the sump. When the level is too
low, the float switch in the sump is open, and the AquaController III is informed that the water level is too low
via the external switch inputs. Typically, the make up water in reef tanks contains kalkwasser and the following
program example shows how kalkwasser addition could be implemented.
If Switch1 OPEN Then H2O ON
If Switch1 Closed Then H2O OFF
If pH > 8.30 Then H2O OFF
Max Change 010 M Then H2O OFF
Notice that kalkwasser is only added to the tank if the pH is below 8.30. See section ‘Hysteresis’ on page 37 for a
description of the Max Change program statement. There are 2 digitals inputs on the AquaController III, so valid
Switch keywords are ‘Switch1’, and ‘Switch2’.

maybe switch out the H2O timer with your PM1 timer name. Also change the pH to your range and it should work.

laurentm
09/14/2007, 10:51 PM
That's for your AC3, right? Make sure the expansion box support is disabled in the setup menu if you are not using one.

brucem
09/15/2007, 07:52 AM
what pump are you using to pump kalk? I had a problem with my aqualifter not shutting off. I thought I read somewhere that the dc8 could not see it turn off or somrthing like that. and you need to plug something with the pump. I used a fan and now it works

benf
09/15/2007, 10:24 AM
the Aquamedic sp3000 i believe is what is called

benf
09/15/2007, 03:49 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10770180#post10770180 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by laurentm
That's for your AC3, right? Make sure the expansion box support is disabled in the setup menu if you are not using one.

I just ck and its disabled

benf
09/16/2007, 04:12 PM
OK, figured out finally...duh...the pic in the book is mirrored when looking at the cable end so my numbers were out of sequence...what i thought was 1 is actually 2 and so forth...thanks for the help anyway!