PDA

View Full Version : lollipop Tang

gusto1
09/14/2007, 07:05 PM
Hello Everyone,
I was at a LFS tonight and they had what they called a Lollipop Tang, I didn't buy it because I wanted to make sure it can get along with my Blonde Naso Tang, the only thing is I dont see anything anywhere about a lollipop Tang. The closes I seem to get is the Powder brown tang except that seems to have a whiter face. has anyone heard of a Lollipop tang.

Thanks

Dr Begalke
09/14/2007, 07:26 PM
i've never heard of it... probably there own name for a power brown, or maybe a gold rim.

in any case, there's a decent chance your naso won't be happy with the addition of a new tang...

saltydude
09/14/2007, 07:28 PM
Sure, lollipop tangs. my friend had one and it died even though it is supposed to be hardy.

Roy G. Biv
09/14/2007, 07:29 PM
Generally, if tangs have the same shape body, they do not get along.

gusto1
09/14/2007, 07:44 PM
thank you,
I will probably pass on him because he did have a similar shape to the blonde Naso, I will probably wait for my purple tank which has a different body shape.

frederickk
09/15/2007, 07:53 AM
What colour was he?

bureau13
10/10/2007, 07:16 AM
I'm resurrecting a slightly stale thread here...I was at an LFS and the had a "Lollipop Achilles Tang." It looked exactly like my A. japonicus (Powder Brown) save the body color was a very dark grey and instead of a yellow rim at the top it was orange. If someone said it was a hybrid between achilles and powder brown, I'd believe that....but I'm not sure where the "lollipop" part comes into play.

jds

OffshoreNdeep
10/10/2007, 09:31 AM
Here on Long Island there are a few LFS's that refer to the Powder Brown Tang's as "Lolipop's"...You know those damn New Yorkers have their own lingo...stupid I agree..

I had to take picture and research myself, since I went home and thought about the fish and decided against...if I had known what is was I probably would have purchased it...

If you want to know for sure take a picture and do the same, or grab a fish ID book from the store and look it up while your there!