PDA

View Full Version : Great September Meeting!

boviac
09/15/2007, 12:52 AM
Tonight the Chico Reef Club now has an official set of Bylaws and its first official officer group. Congratulations to the elected officers and thanks for your willingness to help out. They will be a key part of bringing this club to the next level.

And as I'm sure you will all hear by word of mouth, if not here in this forum... The Raffle Was Awesome!!! :D :D :D Thanks to everyone who donated coral and fish as well as Fish Etc and Reef Connections for their hardware and dry goods donations. I believe we raised over $100 in raffle tickets which will go directly to making the next raffle be even better hopefully!!! So more incentive to come to the meeting. Also, we had a pretty decent discussion about zooanthids tonight. Learn something new every day.

I, myself, picked up a Koralia 2 which is just perfect for my 50 gal garden reef. It's already in my tank and running. I love the magnetic attachments. Also availble for raffle this time was a SEIO 1500, Phosphate test kit, an approx. 3" rock with about 30 orange zoo's, some ricordias, some mushrooms, and something else I'm forgetting I think... I'm sorry.

The sand swap was a success for at least two people. We'll probably try to do this quarterly or as needed in the future.

The next meeting is on October 12 and we'll discuss among other things, mushrooms and ricordia's and the pros and cons of taking the club to an offical non-profit status or not among other things.

Thanks to everyone who came, and thanks again to everyone who donated to the raffle and/or who bought raffle tickets to support the club's raffle. Please consider donating some of your frags at the next raffle as well. We need all the help we can get and it all goes back into the club via the raffle prizes.

I, Chris Bovia (boviac), by the way, am your club president.
Josh (kinghokus420) is the vice president.
Dan (shelbiesdaddy) is the treasurer.
Melissa (missyshrout) is the secretary.
Joel Rainey (revolution) is the librarian.
Jason (?) is public relations.
And last but certainly not least is Kane Savage (The Savage), the web master.

Thanks again to the above!

Stay tuned... there's more to come from this club!!! :D

shelbiesdaddy
09/15/2007, 08:41 AM
Club Members:
The raffle brought in $102.17 (-6.42 for the raffle tickets) for a total of $95.75:dance:

micynyorkies
09/15/2007, 10:41 AM
I am sorry that I missed the meeting, but thank you so much to Melissa, who kept me in contact anyway! I'll post pictures later of the new puppies. The orange zoos are awesome, and the purple ricordia is great. Thanks!!

Twisted
09/15/2007, 03:30 PM
I thought it was another great meeting Chris. Can't wait for the next one.

I am sending you a PM though to ask a question, so Check you mail.

boviac
09/15/2007, 05:34 PM
Thanks Dan for the update. Great job alread as the club Treasurer.

boviac
09/15/2007, 05:34 PM
DP

kyletech
09/19/2007, 07:36 PM
I had a good time, well worth the drive down from redding!!