PDA

View Full Version : Two Shrimps in an 8g BCB - one too many?

gvidon
09/16/2007, 11:12 AM
I'm having an aiptasia problem in my 8g BCB. I already have a skunk cleaner in there and a baby clown (yes, we are planning on upgrading as he grows - next tank will be a 14 in a few months).

Will it be to much to add a peppermint shrimp with my current bioload? Also, is there any chance of territorial ssues between the two shrimps?

At the moment the tank is in great balance. Coraline is growing everywhere and the only nuisance algae is some cualpera that I have to pluck every few weeks.

Thanks ahead of time for your help!

mokeyz
09/16/2007, 01:17 PM
I have an 8 gallon bio-cube and a skunk cleaner - he is a wonderful shrimp and his normal perch is upside down under a rock in the back of the tank. Any time I have added another shrimp (except a pistol shrimp) the cleaner seems to be displaced and no longer living in his usual spot so after a time I have removed the new shrimp. You can try though because the peppermint is likely to help with the aptasia.

mokeyz
09/16/2007, 01:18 PM
ps. i doubt the peppermint will effect the bioload, as he will eat detritus and maybe the aptasia.

gvidon
09/16/2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks. I think I am going to give it a try with a small one.

The local store has peppermints for $10 and told me if they don't get along I can make a bottle trap and bring the new guy back. Not too worried about a refund, just don't want anyone to get hurt in the process.