PDA

View Full Version : a few questions

Scoobaman17
09/16/2007, 07:22 PM
Ok a few things here

1: on a 100 gallon display glass. Where should the returns be drilled? "distance from top down".

2: 1 inch drilled on the returns right? what about the hole for the overflow, what should that be? also should it be on the back near the bottom or the very bottom near the back?

3: what is good sized sump for a 100 gallon.

And finally: I was given two of these. What are they good for if anything. Any ideas?
http://dogtrainingstore.com/images/j210/amsl50b.jpg

Scoobaman17
09/16/2007, 10:39 PM
Ok well I guess the two boxes are wet/drys.... "eventual fuges!"

Anyway before I get this tank drilled I need advise, otherwise I could potentially screw myself big time.

madadi
09/17/2007, 01:29 AM
i have my holes drilled on a 90gal on the back of the fish tank at the top corners, one on each corner. i would never drill my tank at the bottom anything because if the pump fails, all your water will drain to the sump!!! ya i know you always use a check valve but i would not trust does 100% with 100gallons of water in your main tank. i did not drill my tank for the returns, just the overflows. its really up to you. but too many holes and your messing with the integrity of the tank. i just have my return pvc pipes attached to the back of the tank and i used some lock-line tubes that bend over the edge. like that i can also aim them any direction that i want. see if you can drill 1.5in or 1.25in holes for the overflows. i have two 1in and i wish i had gone a little bigger.
i have a 35 gallon sump/fuge for my 90gal reef tank and i wish i had gone bigger also. but again it all depends on what you want to put in there.
good luck