PDA

View Full Version : Multibarred Angel

sweetrav18
09/17/2007, 07:09 PM
RC,

I am really interestedin one of these guys and have been researching them for some time. But i have been getting conflicting reports about then"reef safe" status. Any one have one of these guys and can provide real experiences? thanks

Southern Boy
09/17/2007, 07:14 PM
Sorry for the dumb ? but which one is that?

sweetrav18
09/17/2007, 07:29 PM
http://www.marinecenter.com/fish/angelfish/multibarredpygmyangel/

ariel47
09/17/2007, 07:30 PM
theirs 2 listed in divers den at liveaquaria

sweetrav18
09/17/2007, 07:42 PM
so...that isnt thepoint of the thread. i know they are available

Peter Eichler
09/17/2007, 08:18 PM
There is no correct answer to your question. Some will pick at your corals and some will not. In addition, they are one of the least hardy Centropyge Angels available, so I wouldn't suggest you try one even if you do get lucky and have one that doesn't pick at corals and clams.

sweetrav18
09/17/2007, 08:24 PM
anyone ever owned one? i have read the description, but i would like first hand experience

Peter Eichler
09/17/2007, 11:24 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10787739#post10787739 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sweetrav18
anyone ever owned one? i have read the description, but i would like first hand experience

Yes, I've owned two. One never ate and died within a few weeks. The other ate sparingly and slowly wasted away over the course of a few months. In addition to those two I had ordered a few at the LFS I managed years ago, two of those died from what appeared to be edema during "quarantine" and the third slowly wasted away. A few of those fish also had really bad lymnocystis as well. I never ordered another one after that.

Peter Eichler
09/18/2007, 12:59 AM
One last thing... I don't suggest anyone try this fish, they're not impossible but they're damn close. RCT was breeding them at one point and I'm sure those fish were much hardier. However, they no longer breed them and I don't think they have any plans to ever again. I hope I don't give anyone much hope by suggesting this, but if you want to kill... errr buy one of these fish, get one from Vanuatu and make sure it's eating ;) Getting a LFS to hold it for you for a couple weeks would be wise as well.