PDA

View Full Version : New Fuge!

custommike
09/17/2007, 11:23 PM
I am soon going to acquire a 70g tank from a friend who has two fluval canister filters keeping it clean. he doesn't have any coral in it and only a small amount of live rock. When I get it I want to use a fuge (25g) but I need help deciding what to put in it. I want to have zenia(?) and a large amount of live sand (3-4 inches). do I need to keep the fluvals running or is that counter productive? the other important thing is what skimmer would you recommend for this setup?

demonsp
09/17/2007, 11:55 PM
Xenia alright i guess but a mangrove or cheato works best. Also i used mineralmud bottom with 2 inches of gravel above. fuge very good addition to a SW tank.

Skimmer's are a great addon. Helps with amonina and other unwanted waste. Not really needed upfront but well worth its weight in gold. Also placing skimmer in the fuge is best and there are a few differant ways of doing this.

LS many say not needed just 1 bag but i went all LS in my 75 gal and never looked back. Really depends on your budget.

custommike
09/18/2007, 09:35 PM
how think should I make the mineral mud? and how much flow should i have?

Aquarist007
09/18/2007, 09:41 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10795954#post10795954 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by custommike
how think should I make the mineral mud? and how much flow should i have?

we are discussing this on this thread:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1207565