PDA

View Full Version : Tsunami or Wavemaster Pro?

hebygb
09/19/2007, 08:35 AM
Who has experience with either or both of these wavemaking devices. Not only the function and control, but ease of positioning, cabling, and plugging into. I will be using these with two Hydor Koralia pumps (#1 and #3).

jeffgp
09/19/2007, 09:08 AM
i wouldent use the wavemaster ...
i have one and took it off my system

just jeep them on at all times

hebygb
09/19/2007, 09:17 AM
I was concerned about night time... during day I love the way my GSP, frogspawn, and shrooms move, but I hear alot about mimicking the natural calming of nighttime. Everything seems to be thriving and quite frankly, less glass cleaning for me...all of my inhabitants seem to love the flow, but I cant exactly ask them if it stresses them at night.

8BALL_99
09/19/2007, 11:09 AM
You can't run Koralias on wavemakers that turn them off and on.. The pump will make a ton of noise and probably wont last long.. Non of the prop pumps are designed for wavemakers like this.. Even the tunze.. Your suppose to use wavemakers that throttle them down to say 20-30% output but not off all the way.. Like the Seio controller.

If your tank is doing good why change it? IMO most of our tanks have a fraction of the water movement found in the ocean...