PDA

View Full Version : Flood sensor reading "unknown"

81Pantah
09/21/2007, 07:19 AM
I just installed a new flood sensor after, well, guess...

I have the sensor (2-wire) plugged into a Neptune breakout box, connected to a PX1000, connected to an ACIII.

Unlike a float switch, it is hard to reset the state of the sensor to get rid of the unknown value. It takes forever to dry it, and even when it is dry, I am getting erratic switching on/off of my main pump.

Here is my code:

FLD$-C03 {C03 is set to a random timer name, right?)
PMP#-A08 {my main return pump}

If SwitchA3 OPEN Then PMP ON
If SwitchA3 CLOSED Then PMP OFF
MAX CHANGE 005 M Then PMP OFF

The switch says it requires 5V to operate, which is what I assume is coming out of the ACIII. Is it?

When I run this code, the PMP cycles about every 30s. It is as if my sensor is already broken? Not sure...

After dumping about 10 gallons of water on to my girlfriend's antique Turkish rug, I am trying to be a bit safer with the tank. Though, if this thing ever trips, I think all I can REALLY do is hurry home before she does.

Thanks!

Ryan

clp
09/24/2007, 10:24 AM
Having a unused timer name is fine. Are you saying that PMP is unknown? If so there are other statements in the program which are causing the unknown. I'd test out the code by eliminating the float switch, and just using a small piece of wire to short between GND and the input on the PX1000 connector or breakout box.

Curt