PDA

View Full Version : Help setting my GEO Calcium Reactor

marino420td
09/21/2007, 05:15 PM
I have a 120 gal tank with a total volume of approx. 200 gallons. Primarily sps but most are small colonies.

I have a Geo 612 CA reactor and I need help setting it. I just bought a Milwaukee ph controller and installed into the reactor. The ph inside the reactor reads 7.7. I currently have a slow stream instead of a drip.

Can someone please help me get started in setting this correctly?

What ph should I set the controller on?

My tank ph is right at 8.0.

33g
09/21/2007, 06:12 PM
I usually dont post ,but i just setup a schuran reactor myself.From what i know a slower broken stream is normally ideal coming from the reactor.With a ph level in the reactor 6.5.Much lower you will dissolve the media fast and your calcium and alk could shoot up pretty fast,6.7-6.8 barely dissolves the media.Slower being your safer bet .1 to 2 bubbles per second in the bubble counter,and a good calcium and alk test kit. Test every couple days.Im new to it myself hope this helps you out. Any more questions feel free to pm me.

pezcubano
09/21/2007, 07:10 PM
Marino and 33g - I'm new to calcium reactors myself and i'm looking for a simple one that I can just plug and play. I'm adding some lps and leathers soon and I'd like to get the reactor set up as soon as possible (not interested in sps). Any recommendations on brands for the calcium reactor? see my specs for the tank info...
thanks!!!

gasman059
09/21/2007, 07:35 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=#post target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pezcubano
Marino and 33g - I'm new to calcium reactors myself and i'm looking for a simple one that I can just plug and play. I'm adding some lps and leathers soon and I'd like to get the reactor set up as soon as possible (not interested in sps). Any recommendations on brands for the calcium reactor? see my specs for the tank info...
thanks!!!
cubano no interest in sps no need for a reactor.;)

pezcubano
09/21/2007, 07:42 PM
Woohoo!!!
Less $$$ on equipment = More $$$ on livestock

So my zoo's, leathers, lps, shrooms, and softies won't deplete calcium? They don't consume it??

spongebobby
09/22/2007, 09:13 AM
I have mine set at 40 bpm and effluent at about 65ml/min. The ph in the reactor is steady at 6.7. Is holding alk at 10dkh and cal at 430 for the last two months. Mine is a 618 model though. Only real problem I had was PH levels were falling bad at night so I have been running my GEO kalk reator 24/7 to keep PH levels above 8. They were getting as low as 7.6 at night. Good luck. If you have any ??? shoot me a PM.

chercm
09/22/2007, 09:39 AM
you can try to dose kalk at night .... or install kalk reactor

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10819786#post10819786 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by spongebobby
I have mine set at 40 bpm and effluent at about 65ml/min. The ph in the reactor is steady at 6.7. Is holding alk at 10dkh and cal at 430 for the last two months. Mine is a 618 model though. Only real problem I had was PH levels were falling bad at night so I have been running my GEO kalk reator 24/7 to keep PH levels above 8. They were getting as low as 7.6 at night. Good luck. If you have any ??? shoot me a PM.