PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have any experience with Radiant Wrasses?

broke1
09/22/2007, 11:08 AM
I'm looking for a watch dog for critters that make it through my dipping/QT that still looks nice and won't bother any other fish in the tank. There is a mandarin in there right now, but I don't feel one more pod eater is going to effect the population much.

From the searches I've done, the Radiant just looks to be the best choice.

msn711
09/22/2007, 03:59 PM
I had one briefly. Had to sell it when I ended up moving. But they're great fish. I've never heard of one being a problem with other fish. Most wrasses seem to be pretty peaceful, besides the stories you hear about sixlines.

sugartooth
09/22/2007, 09:36 PM
I have a radiant for 1 month and seems peaceful and active. I love the colors and don't regret getting it at all.

bureau13
09/23/2007, 01:58 PM
Mine is perfectly well-behaved. I can't vouch for the effectiveness of killing off some of the bad guys, because as far as I know I don't have any, but he's an attractive, active fish who doesn't seem to bother anyone else.

jds

hahnmeister
09/24/2007, 01:15 AM
I have had a school of fairy wrasses decimate acro bugs as well as flatworms in the past. Very effective.

prugs
09/24/2007, 09:25 AM
Radiant wrasse needs a fine sand bed to sleep in. A 240gal would give it lots of room to hunt. I had the start of a montipora eating nudibranch problem. Added the radiant, & all my monti's are now thriving.