PDA

View Full Version : Feather duster in hiding or dead?

kenyacat
09/22/2007, 04:02 PM
About 2 weeks ago we rearranged our rocks to try and fix a flow problem. Since then, he hasn't looked all that well. His feathers came out but they seems more like thin strings then spread feathers.

I haven't seen him since yesterday. Did a water change today and adjusted the flow again by adding a Koralia 1 to the tank.

He hasn't come out at all. Can't even see his feathers near the entrance, which is still open.

He hasn't dropped his crown and I think he is still in there.

How can you tell if a feather worm is dead?
Thanks

kenyacat
09/23/2007, 05:57 AM
bump - if he is dead I really need to get him out

billsreef
09/23/2007, 06:44 AM
I'd give it a couple more days and see if it pokes it's crown out.

GrowDammit
09/27/2007, 06:05 PM
I had one a few years ago that "shed" its head after we moved the tank. Similar to the way a KoKo worm does. About 4 weeks later it was growing back.

Worth a shot, we did 8% partials every other day, just in case it didn't pull through. And monitored Ammonia, Nitrate and Nitrite.
Good luck.

GrowDammit
09/27/2007, 06:05 PM
I had one a few years ago that "shed" its head after we moved the tank. Similar to the way a KoKo worm does. About 4 weeks later it was growing back.

Worth a shot, we did 8% partials every other day, just in case it didn't pull through. And monitored Ammonia, Nitrate and Nitrite.
Good luck.

kenyacat
09/28/2007, 03:37 AM
Well he is alive. He must have shed his feathers. Looked all over the main tank, and cannot find them, so I wasn't sure.

I had a clown in QT, so I put the feather in there to wait. A day or so later, the worm came near the top. So he is there with no feathers.

Will put him back in main tank next week when the clown goes in.

GrowDammit
09/28/2007, 06:22 AM
Sorry, I should've mentioned that it may sometimes happen secondary to stress.
Glad it is doing alright! Make sure you acclimate it when you return it to it's home! :) HAve a fabulous weekend!