PDA

View Full Version : Aquatronica or Profilux

fisheebill
09/22/2007, 06:25 PM
I know there are comparison charts, but I want to know feedback from users.
They seem really similar. Right now I am only going to be using the dosing pumps.
I just need some user feedback.
Which one do I buy. It is such a big decision, as I hope to be using this unit for many, many years.
Thank you all.

fisheebill
09/22/2007, 08:47 PM
bump

PSam
09/23/2007, 04:09 PM
Is your choice solely based on accurate dosing pumps? That's a pretty big investment for a couple dosing pump if so.

fisheebill
09/24/2007, 04:26 AM
It is a lot for a few dosing pumps. I am just looking toward the future.
Using the dosing pumps now, then adding on later.

davidryder
09/27/2007, 01:49 AM
Well there is one review on Aquatronica at www.aquariumcontrollers.com

User reviews aside it pretty much comes down to the features you want and the price you are willing to pay.

Sparkss
09/28/2007, 11:52 PM
I have not heard of a user complaining about their Profilux, but i have heard users complaining about their Aquatronica. Not exactly scientific, and no, we don't own either one. Not sure if that information helps you or not, but there it is :)

fisheebill
09/29/2007, 09:06 PM
This is exactly what I am looking for.
Thanks Tom,
Bill

Henry Bowman
09/30/2007, 08:38 AM
Talk to Scott G at www.aquariumspecialty.com He has sold and used both. I own an aquactronica and like it but after talking to him, wish I had looked at the profilux more closely.

Basically he says, the profi is made here in the US (more readily avaliable parts and service) and is being updated more regularly. The profi is more "computer friendly". It (profi) will control Tunzes.... etc. Go to his vendor forum or give him a call. He's a real nice guy....

Fishee, where do you "cook"
I work at a resort in VA, - Exec Sous Chef

AquariumSpecialty
10/01/2007, 04:10 PM
Just for clarification...Profilux is out of Germany and Aquatronica is out of Italy.

fisheebill
10/01/2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks Scott and Henry.

I really love the Proflux. I am going to wait a while on it.
I just picked up a Litermeter III for now.

Henry, I run the kitchen part of a local Irish/ American bar and grill.
Lots of corned beef, roast beef, wings, all the good Buffalo, NY fare.
Great gig for now. Would love to try and get a slower- paced, more extravagant gig one day.

I bet the Exec Sous Chef is a great job.

Henry Bowman
10/01/2007, 09:50 PM
Scott,
Good to see you checking the other forums. I check your vendor forum and it appears to keep you busy.
I apologize for mis stating the origin of the profi. I thought it was a US product.... Figures though, the Germans are always building a better mousetrap.

I do recall talking to you about a profi AFTER I purchased my Aquactronica and following the conversation, I wished I had talked to you BEFORE I purchased. BTW I still love the Solar Flare I purchased from you. Thanks again.

Fishee..

Well, "great job" is a relative term. I like the pay but not the hours.

Keep in mind, the more extravagant the gig, the faster the pace (usually) and pressure.