PDA

View Full Version : Putting tank in wall

TD13
09/23/2007, 09:30 AM
How do u do this is this easy or hard

pdfb55
09/23/2007, 10:24 AM
a lot of people do it. I dont really understand the question. Are you asking about getting it into the wall or maintaining it once its inside the wall? Most people set up a small room or closet behind the tank and then have all their eqiupment back there and do matinence from the back. I think it would be hard if you didn't install doors on the front to acess the front glass for scraping away algae. Also having a fish room is nice so that you can have a big mess back there where nobody sees and have you tank look really good from the ouside with no buckets and plumbing laying around. Now installation is probably the only hard part. You would have to build a stand and tear out the drywall and then build the drywall up to the stand so that it looks inwall. I dont know how that is bc i've never done it but it would probably take someone who knows what they're doing.
Hope that answers your question

grinch28
09/23/2007, 10:44 AM
I put my 90 gallon in the wall. depending in how handy you are its pretty easy. Do plenty of planning , elecrical , plumbing fill station and of course access.

Matt Rise
09/23/2007, 11:16 AM
You can hit my red house to see how I did mine...

barjam
09/23/2007, 02:54 PM
I am a complete moron and I was able to do it.