PDA

View Full Version : Heavily Intoxicated Clam....

aastretch64
09/25/2007, 12:08 PM
I have a new Crocea Clam that has been in the tank for about 4 days. He opens daily and look healthy, but wihtin the last 2 days he keeps tipping himself over. In the morning when the lights first go on (actinics) he tipped himself over. I put him upright, but when I went home for lunch, again he was tipped. I now place him facing the opposite direction, but before I left he looked like he was slanted again.

I only have him in about 1/2 of crushed coral. Medium Flow (on him), High light, Phyto-feast, and Roti-Feast ever other day.

Could it just be that he needs more sand under him to stablize himself?

Alex

aastretch64
09/25/2007, 01:51 PM
Well he did it. He spit in my eye! I figure out that he had two small rock stuck on his foot and he could not lay flat. When I went to pull them of he spit in my face twice.

He is sitting pretty now.

Alex

jmaneyapanda
09/25/2007, 03:29 PM
DONT PULL!!!! That can seriously injure a clam. If he keep moving, its because he doesnt like where he is.

a4twenty
09/25/2007, 04:40 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10841305#post10841305 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jmaneyapanda
DONT PULL!!!! That can seriously injure a clam. If he keep moving, its because he doesnt like where he is.

exactly and it could be any number of things ( flow / light / neighbour / etc )and from my experience crocea's are quite picky about where and when they attach. ( regardless of you opinion :( )

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10840659#post10840659 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aastretch64
Well he did it. He spit in my eye!

lol, just be happy it only a crocea :) my gigas and larger maxima don't just hit your eye when you move them, it's more like having a shower.:spin2:

barrman
09/25/2007, 04:42 PM
croceas are also rock dwelling clams... he'd probably prefer a spot on a nice, solid rock, vs that crushed coral substrate.