PDA

View Full Version : How does this kalkreactor sound?

VaderWS6
09/25/2007, 12:15 PM
What do you guys think about this kalkreactor? Seems like a great stirrer-type reactor.

Nilson Reactor (http://www.fishbowl-innovations.com/product/nilsen)

:rollface:

Anyone use this one?

carlos_fb
09/25/2007, 04:29 PM
I asked the same question in this forum a while back and nobody answered so I guess they are not very popular. If you decide to get it, I can tell you that Fishbowl Innovations is a good company to deal with, I got my Moon Computer from them and I was very satisfied with their customer service and the product quality.

Also I did some extensive research about Kalk reactors and decided to get the GEO because of its design and good reviews.

Good luck!

signal7
09/25/2007, 08:56 PM
I had the previous model of that reactor and it just died on me. I got it used from reefcentral, but it was in perfect shape. It was barely over a year old total.

I e-mailed the guys about it and they gave me a "sorry, you're SOL" answer. In fact, when I asked them about the warranty, they said "Aquariums are tough environments for electronics, an a year warranty is extremely generous." I'd like to think it could stand up to several years of use, easily, but evidently not.

Unfortunately the model I own is completely sealed up and they can't, and won't service it. I've always been a fan of fishbowl-innovations but the way they handled my inquiries has left a sour taste in my mouth.

I'll cut mine apart and let you know what went wrong if you're interested.

Bottom line: I wouldn't buy it.