PDA

View Full Version : LiterMeter setup

RBCJay
09/25/2007, 03:47 PM
I have a 5 gallon container with float valve that holds ro water, a kalk reactor, and a litermeter. What is the preferred placement of the litermeter? Do i want to pull the ro water out with the litermeter and force it through the kalkreactor or put the litermeter last in line and pull the water from the resorvoir and through the reactor. I have seen both scenerious but wasn't sure which would be best.
Thanks,
Jay

javajaws
09/25/2007, 06:27 PM
You always want to have: RO -> LM -> Kalk -> Tank (push the water INTO the Kalk reactor)

If you put the LM on the other side of the Kalk you're just asking for maintenance trouble with calcium buildup in the tubing. Also, you would have to check and see if your kalk reactor is pressurized, otherwise you couldn't "pull" from the kalk reactor...I think most of them just have gravity feed drains.

RBCJay
09/25/2007, 07:04 PM
I appreciate the help javajaws.
That makes sense to me.
Jay

HDAlien
09/25/2007, 09:13 PM
+1 for RO -> LM -> Kalk -> Tank this is how I run it.

RBCJay
09/25/2007, 10:14 PM
Thanks Alien.
Jay

manderx
09/25/2007, 10:37 PM
i and all my local friends have the dosing pump after the kalk reactor. this way there is *no* chance of leaks when the tip of the tubing where it drips from eventually clogs. i also put a spare piece of soft tubing on the end so that if it does clog the tubing can stretch a little and blow the clog out easily.

kalk will not hurt the dosing pump tubing at all. maybe flimsy medical-pump tubing that gets stretched by the rollers but not the heavy stuff on a real pump that doesn't stretch the tubing. think of all the people who draw pre-mixed kalk from a trashcan. probably more people do it this way than use a kalk reactor. i personally used the same tubing to draw kalk on my LM for 3 years straight. i only replaced it because i happened to have some and just felt like it one day.