PDA

View Full Version : Which Controller RK2 or AC2?

coralfever
09/27/2007, 07:08 PM
I am looking to purchase a new controller and would like to know some pros and cons from fellow reefers. Reefkeeper 2 vs Aquacontroller 2. Any input is appreciated.

coralfever
09/27/2007, 11:59 PM
no input anyone? How about the RK3?

SlowCobra
09/28/2007, 12:53 AM
I can give you my opinion based on the research I did on them. I initially was looking at the base model controllers. Lighthouse, Reefkeeper2, and the AC Jr. All similar in price and more or less functionality as to what they offered.

Aesthetically the Reefkeeper was the winner. Being that I am more of a function over form, well that got ruled out immediately. Expandability went to the AC Jr but only by a narrow margin. None of them are extremely expandable. Actually all of them are quite limited. The AC Jr won with the ability to control X-10 devices where as the other 2 wouldn't. This assisted with the expandability department.

There were other considerations in the options that were offered as well. In the end I ponied up the extra cash and chose the AC III in the long run it is one of the best bangs for the buck. Again this is my opinion of it.

If you have not found it yet there is an Excel spreadsheet that allows you to compare all of the controllers. PM me an email address and I will gladly send it to you.

coralfever
09/28/2007, 08:26 AM
Thanks Cobra, pm sent.