PDA

View Full Version : Kent Zooplex

Runfrumu
09/30/2007, 10:59 AM
Is this stuff any good for coral's at all? It must have a load of Phospate in it cause when every I use it the next few day I get brown and green algea outbreaks then it clears up after a water change.

The list of ingredients are as follows:

Crude protein 0.30%
Crude fat 0.30%
Moisture 99.50%
Ash 0.10%
Omega 3 fatty acids 0.08%

So what exactly is in that "moisture"?

bertoni
10/02/2007, 05:55 PM
Moved from the chemistry forum for more views.

The product is mostly water (moisture). I read the ingredients list a few years ago, and decided I didn't want to use the product. The PhytoPlex didn't work very well for me, either. They are both heavily-preserved foods.

DrBegalke
10/02/2007, 06:33 PM
I would check out Zoomax... Similar stuff but a lot more concentrated.

Zoomax is cyclop-eeze with vitamin C for preservative. It comes in a dropper bottle with the recommend dose of 1 drop/50g.

I started using it when I no longer could find "freezer bar Cyclop-eeze" in my area. I haven't had a problem with phosphate, although I do use GFO.

I also find it to be a lot more convenient then frozen cyclop-eeze.

Aquarist007
10/02/2007, 06:41 PM
I'm glad I read this post--I have been getting an outbreak of nuisance algae on the front glass ever since using the Kent product(only a couple of weeks) the supplier was out of the frozen red stick(cyclopeeze)--and I never had a problem with it

Aquarist007
10/02/2007, 06:44 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10889875#post10889875 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bertoni
Moved from the chemistry forum for more views.

The product is mostly water (moisture). I read the ingredients list a few years ago, and decided I didn't want to use the product. The PhytoPlex didn't work very well for me, either. They are both heavily-preserved foods.

with heavily preserved foods---lots of phosphates and nitrates--just like the concentrated frozen mysis--which I won't use til I rinse it off in a brine shrimp net.

I believe the phytoplex is dead also---this why reef experts choose DT phyto which is alive--don't you JB? ;)

DrBegalke
10/02/2007, 07:01 PM
I guess I have been lucky using Zoomax...