PDA

View Full Version : Angels

ashtonmitchell
09/30/2007, 11:32 AM
So I was looking at angel fish recently and I really like what they look like when they're juveniles like the emporer angel and koran angels with the white and blue and black bodies. Do any angels stay this same color and do not change color as they get older?

jmaneyapanda
09/30/2007, 02:11 PM
not for a 20 gallon. MAYBE, and thats a big MAYBE, one of the dwarfs like an argi or acanthops, but absolutely no larger angels.

But, in all fairness, to answer your question, there are some angels where the juveniles look much like the adult. For example, regals are slightly different as juvi's, and it is tough to find a majestic that doesnt have adult pattern (although the juvenile do show the classic blue/white/black). I have seen some near 2" majestics with their telltale girdle and mask.

ashtonmitchell
09/30/2007, 02:15 PM
it's for a 235 gal...

Toddrtrex
09/30/2007, 05:45 PM
I believe that Pomacanthus chrysurus' adult colors stay similar to what you are looking for.

jda
10/01/2007, 09:17 AM
Yes, chrysurus keep the stripes as they grow. They are mostly white stripes though.

I have one. They are a nice fish. Mine is in a mixed reef, but it does pick on LPS some.

Here is an adult picture:
http://www.marinecenter.com/fish/angelfish/chrysurusangel/