PDA

View Full Version : Things growing that I didn't put there and anemone help

auntynatal
09/30/2007, 12:33 PM
After my last post, figure I may as well pick some more brains lol

I read a lot before I started my tank (though obviously not enough) and heard that things would start to appear from the live rock.

Well, I have noticed 3 growths of this wierd plant like thing. Its white, and has long spindly 'feelers' (though right now they are about an inch long) The 'feelers' move independantly, its definitely not just air flow movement.

And an odd stripey shelled something has arrived. Its tiny though, less than half a centimetre. I', presuming its some kind of snail.

Also, I have an anemone but he isn't looking extremely happy of late. He's been in there about 8 weeks and can't seem to settle. I don't want him to die obviously. Are there any tips for healthy anemones, or could someone point me to a great hints post please.

I check my water perameters weekly and all seems fine.

Salinity 1.024
Temp 28
ph 8.0
ammonia 0
nitrite <0.3
dKh 9.8

Any hints on these would go down well too!

My xenias are absolutely great, happy and healthy looking, my stokesi is a pain and keeps shifting itself! Don't ask me how! My furry mushrooms are fine too, just this bloomin anemone worrying me sick!

Mavrk
09/30/2007, 12:41 PM
There is a forum here called anemones and clownfish. There is a LOT of information on anemones there. They often say not to put an anemone in a tank until it is older (like 6 months).

What are your nitrate readings? What about light? What are you running, and how much?