PDA

View Full Version : Mojano and Devil's Hand share....

kwaters
09/30/2007, 11:16 PM
the same rock. It also has an intricate web like structure on the bottom of the rock...sponge I suppose. Anyway, want to save the coral and rid my self of the mojano.

There are several of these small pest anemones and I would like to separate the coral from the rock. I have though about chiseling down the rock but wonder if there is a way to remove it (the coral) and relocate it with out going through that hassel. Have also posted in the soft coral forum.

Thanks,

Kris

davidryder
09/30/2007, 11:44 PM
Mix up some kalkwasser with tank water into a thick paste. With an eyedropper or syringe, smother the anemone with 2-3 drops of the kalk to where you can't see the anemone anymore. Making the anemone withdraw can be achieved by irritating it with the syringe - but not too much otherwise it will release its gametes and they will anchor and turn into dozens more.

Once smothered it will experience immediate death. Kalk is much denser than water so it will just lay on the rock - you can just leave it there. If you don't have any kalkwasser you can pick up a jar of pickling lime (~$3 for a huge plastic jar). It's chemically identical to kalkwasser and much cheaper.

CruzinKim
10/01/2007, 03:59 PM
kalk paste works like a charm. get them before they go out of control in your tank.