PDA

View Full Version : Acclimating Question

glockcoma
10/04/2007, 11:42 AM
I recently got a green lobo, and that day i was in such a rush that I had no time to acclimate, so I just took it out the bag and threw him in the tank, seems to be ok, I was worried cause I havent seen any tentacles, but last night I seen a few after lights out.

Should I be worried and are there any signs of any type of shock

Jefe12234
10/04/2007, 12:06 PM
I only temperature acclimate corals by floating the bag, and then drop them in. Even this is unnecessary if the temperatures are reasonably close. If your coral was suffering from new tank conditions then I think you'd see something more obvious like the tissue receding or stretching tight against the skeleton. Lack of feeding tentacles is normal for a new addition. So don't worry.

gholtmeyer
10/04/2007, 01:15 PM
So you don't worry about ph, salinity, etc.? just temp?

woodycb
10/04/2007, 01:22 PM
I do temp only also, never had a problem.

All Delight
10/04/2007, 03:11 PM
I think you're ok, but I wouldn't make that a habit. Definately some corals are extremely hardy and can handle it, some of really sensitive and might die. Depending on what it is, I might acclimate for 30 mins, I've also acclimated for 6-8 hrs.

gholtmeyer
10/04/2007, 06:52 PM
Ok, good to hear that. I have been in the hobby for 5 years and have always acclimated for at least an hour up to three hours for all corals and fish.