PDA

View Full Version : Anthias opinions for my 72 bow

ghstrider
10/05/2007, 03:57 AM
I want to put in 2-3 anthias of the smaller species like the hawaiian bicolor or bartletts in my 72 but ill give you a quick rundown of the current inhabitants.

1 hippo 2"
1 scopas tang 2"
1 bicolor angel dwarf 2"
1 copperband bf 3"
1 mystery wrasse <2"
1 leopard wrasse 3"
1 pink margin wrasse 2.5"
2 pj cards 1"+
2 false percs 1" (these should be in soon)

I know i have a good amount of fishies so far but i want to finish it with the anthias and i may take out the cards to make more room. Which anthias would you recommend and how many?? Details please.

SDguy
10/05/2007, 08:30 AM
Though all your fish are small, they will grow. I'd say you are full, and will eventually be overstocked. I would not add anthias to this tank.

ghstrider
10/06/2007, 01:39 AM
i may have to take out the cards but i would like some anthias and i think the bartletts would be the smaller species but im wondering if i can do a male and female pair only due to my constricted space....???

Gary Majchrzak
10/06/2007, 06:28 AM
JMO: you already have too many fishes for that size aquarium.

korndogg091
10/06/2007, 06:37 AM
I love anthias, but id have to agree that your tank is stuffed. The two tangs you have get very big and eventually will probly fight each other. If you really have to have anthia I would get rid of some fish or you can always get a bigger tank!!!!!

Wrench
10/06/2007, 07:37 AM
Anthias should be kept in bigger groups of at least 5 to be healthy IMO. They also need room to swim and they seem to like lots of current so I believe that anything smaller than a 90 can't house a shoal of Anthias for the long term. Your highly stocked tank makes strike three. I know it's not what you want to hear, and I can understand that since they're beautiful fish, but we must all remember to be fair to the animals we keep.