PDA

View Full Version : Fox Face

Tarkus70
10/06/2007, 06:04 AM
Ok a friend of mine called in a panic and said he needed to empty his tank due to some sort of trouble. So i get a 2" fox face. and some other stuff. My question is What do i feed this thing He is eating the little hair algae I have been battling for a month. But is there something else I need to give him/her? I know I should have researched before I agreed to take it but it was late and I did not want this thing to get sick or die.

falconut
10/06/2007, 06:41 AM
My Foxface would eat Nori, Prime Reef Flakes, Forumla One Flakes, Frozen Brine and Frozen Mysis. It would prety much eat anything I put in. The only thing was, when I first put him in, he would hide whenever I went in the room. So I would feed and walk away and watch from a distance. This lasted about a few weeks. Oh, I figueryou probably know, but the spines are venomous. HTH

Tarkus70
10/06/2007, 08:26 AM
Great this is perfect Thank You ( man I got to get out of the Lounge more) I did know about the spines I was warned. Mine is doing the hide thing when I walk into the room. Just put some flakes in and walked away it's eating. Thanks again

JENnKerry
10/06/2007, 07:27 PM
As stated, a good variety is key. But they are primarily vegatarians. So give him plenty of greens in his daily diet

pmjfuture
10/07/2007, 12:47 AM
mine ate formula one flakes mainly.

Tarkus70
10/07/2007, 07:46 AM
Thanks again I want this thing to be as healthy and happy as possible. In about six months he might go back to my buddy but right now I'm liking him and may not give him back:D

So thanks again

marxxx
10/08/2007, 12:24 PM
They are one of my favorite fish! As stated above, mine would eat just about anything.

Good luck!