PDA

View Full Version : All out war!!

urbanthreatz
10/06/2007, 07:58 AM
So i was moving around some live rock today to make room for my new soft corals, and i see a huge emerald crab i though had bee dead a while ago (he probably gave me the finger for trying to find and flush him before)... anyway, i have a plastic stick with a removable prong at the end of it that i use as a feeding stick, and when i tried to use it to scare him out from behind some live rock, he yanked the prong off the end of the stick and took off! So now, not only do i have a 1.5 inch emerald crab in my tank that is severely ****ed at me, but he's weilding a sharp needle-like weapon. Any suggestions on catching him? Or getting the prong back so it doesn't start to rust and screw up my water? Thanks.

chrisstie
10/06/2007, 08:51 AM
Might want to call in Chuck Norris to help. I'd be too scared :)

urbanthreatz
10/06/2007, 09:30 AM
i like that idea, you think he'd make me pay for his scuba gear?

Todesengel
10/06/2007, 05:06 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA! I am at work, and seriously started busting out laughing during this phone call I was on! OMG!! Hilarious! And then the Chuck Norris joke was a bonus! My eyes are watering! ahahahaha

650-IS350
10/06/2007, 05:45 PM
Tilt a glass ( while standing up ) on a main rock where you think he loves to hide... put a piece of algae disk, nori wrapped rock frag, or algae pieces...

they'll go after it at night, fall in and won't be albe to get out... it might take a couple of nights or try's..

urbanthreatz
10/07/2007, 11:06 AM
I finally got the little troublemaker, i saw him on a piece of live rock munching away and i reached in and snached him off mid meal. He's pretty feisty, i was going to feed him to my girlfriend's bird wrasse... which is usually a pretty good show, but i decided to banish him to aquaria purgatory... a.k.a. our refugium with out other culprits (peppermint shrimp and a chocolate chip starfish with an insatiable appetite) with no chance of parole.