PDA

View Full Version : Scientific Name for Tubb's Blues???

FragMan07
10/06/2007, 02:08 PM
This guy at a store said he can order me whatever Zoo's I need if I can get him the scientific name.

I have tried once to get Tubb's Blues on RC and it didn't go too well.

If anyone can tell me the scientific name of Tubb's Blues I would be grateful. Thanks.

Jeremy Blaze
10/06/2007, 02:38 PM
It is nearly impossible to get scientific names for zoas. Most are unknown, and many are trying to reclassify all of them.

I am curious where he would be ordering them, I have never seen a wholesaler list zoas by scientific name other than zoanthid,or palythoa.

650-IS350
10/06/2007, 02:54 PM
Dude, just get them from a fellow reefer in your area or a some reef club member...

kiran523
10/08/2007, 08:27 AM
'TUBBUS Zoanthicus', Just kidding seriously, getting from someone here on RC is probably your best bet.

I would offer you some of mine but I just got mine 1 1/2 months ago and they are still growing out. I have went from 3 adult and 1 juvenile polyps to 8 adults and 3 buds :D . If you give me a month I can probably make a small frag. Irrespective of where you get them make sure they are True Tubb's and not a knockoff. There prices are not just because of brand name. Tubb's are one of the few blue zoas that will not bleach under intense light (I have mine 6" from a 250 MH). Good luck

hoyta
10/08/2007, 11:01 AM
There is not scientific name for Tub's blues. Its just a color morph of the zooanthus family. Yub's aren't hard to find, and are up to 10.00 a polyp. Anyone charging more than 10.00 a polyp is crazy, as they do grow fast.
As Kiran said, make sure they are real Tub's. There was a seller on here recently that claimed he had Tub's as part of his frag pack, but they really weren't. If you do want some Tub's, contact Leishman. He's a member of these forums. I know he has some..

suppressivefire
10/08/2007, 07:00 PM
i have some i can sell
edit:
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7431/coralmon13th012ge7.jpg