PDA

View Full Version : Pink skunk temperament? Can it be put in the same tank with perc?

AliKat
10/07/2007, 11:32 PM
For owners of pink skunk clowns, please tell me about them. What are their temperaments?

I think I know the answer to this, but could pink skunks be put in the same tank as percs?

For some reason, I've just gotten a "hankering" (yes I'm Southern!) for pink skunk clowns. This hobby is costing me a fortune!! :eek2:

ReefNeck
10/07/2007, 11:47 PM
They are generally peaceful but........I stand by the rule that you should never mix species of clownfish in the same tank. (Unless it's Huge)

AliKat
10/07/2007, 11:52 PM
It doesn't make any sense for me to get any more clownfish, but I sure do want some pink skunks.

Like I said, this hobby is going to make me homeless.

bencozzy
10/08/2007, 06:18 AM
pink skunks dont like intruders and protect their "spot" fearlessly, but they are peaceful in general.

i had two female pinkies(didnt know they were both females at the time, huge size difference) and a perc in the same tank. will just say that the dominant female kept them in their "corners" at all times even after lights out.

so i wouldnt recommend it. for comfortable living for all the clowns.

Toddrtrex
10/08/2007, 08:07 AM
I agree, not a wise choice to mix.

My pair, while peaceful overall, can get nasty to any other fish that gets too close to their anemone. They don't start trouble, but they sure as heck don't back down.