PDA

View Full Version : should i do it for my 10 gal.

CookUP
10/08/2007, 08:15 AM
how hard is it really to keep H. Zosterae are they as nice looking as the other ones or are they very very small i have beef reefing for awhile but no sea horses and i am very intrested

ann83
10/08/2007, 10:47 AM
They are very very very small (about the size of a quarter) and they require live baby brine shrimp several times a day, which means you need to have several hatcheries running at all times. They also require very frequent water changes. I think that many people with zosterae do water changes more than once a week. If you are willing to dedicate the setup to them (no other fish, etc.) and feed them several times a day, and hatch brine several times a day, then go for it, but if you are looking for something easy, I'd skip them.

CookUP
10/08/2007, 12:44 PM
what else could i i go with beacuse i really think it would look good in my room with a sea horse tank but i wana keep my ten gal

ann83
10/08/2007, 01:02 PM
There are not any other seahorses that you can keep in a 10 gallon unless you are willing to buy an expensive chiller, and even then a 10 gallon is awefully small for any species besides H.zosterae. I would not keep other seahorses in anything less than a 30 gallon aquarium. Why are you against buying a larger aquarium for them?